X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riuma
    Warrior
    • Jun 2018

That is with the factory stock. I haven't a clue what it weighs alone. I shoot off hand most of the time. I'm not certain that I (personally) would mess with the point and balance of this rifle for the sake of a few ounces. ~Riuma

Comment

• Oso Polaris
      Warrior
      • Apr 2019

You can now buy from CZ a flush mount magazine (3 rounds). I just weighed a 5-round and 3-round magazine (.223 Rem) and the weight savings is 0.5oz. The Grendel magazine has a tad more metal for the extra case width... so maybe you save 0.7oz. Honestly, the biggest weight savings you will achieve is to start shedding steel as in cut the barrel down to 18". I have the factory kevlar stocks that HS Precision and B&C made for CZ, and I believe they probably weigh as much or more than the wood stock.

Comparatively speaking the CZ barrel profiles are very slim profiles as compared to what you normally expect out of a standard action Rem/Savage/ Browning, etc. There isn't much there to think about fluting. You can either go really short 16"-18" or spend some money chasing carbon fiber barrel or a titanium barrel for $800 - +$1K before gunsmithing.

Comment

• Running la briars
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2020

Oso, the sporter stock is nice an feel about like a 22 bolt action stock. the short mag would help too.

Comment

• riuma
          Warrior
          • Jun 2018

CZ does not supply 3 round magazines for the 6.5 Grendel/7.62x39. Only 223 at the moment.~Riuma

Comment

• Oso Polaris
            Warrior
            • Apr 2019

Originally posted by riuma View Post
            CZ does not supply 3 round magazines for the 6.5 Grendel/7.62x39. Only 223 at the moment.~Riuma
            Fair point... I hadn't even though about that. I actually haven't held a CZ in 6.5 Grendel. I've held/owned just about every configuration chambered in .223 or 300BO, but never bothered with the 7.62x39 or 6.5 Grendel. CZ's are rare birds to find in any gunstore in Texas. Do you think that a magazine modification (cut the mag down) would work on the Grendel like what was done to the .223 Magazines before CZ started offering the factory 3-rounder?

Comment

• riuma
              Warrior
              • Jun 2018

It would take some reconfiguring of the bottom plate of the mag. Otherwise it might not clear the magazine guide-suppoots built into the floorplate. Not certain, really. I know that the Varmint Grendel was shipped with a floor plate that does not have those guides. I immediately figured it was for the 3 rnd mags and called CZ to get some. "Not at this time." was the response.~Riuma

Comment

Working...
              X