• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HokeyPokeyKid
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

Howa Mini with CZ magazine

I have been thinking about making a new trigger guard that would convert the Howa mini to use CZ-527 magazines, I got the motivation from A5Blaster and his comments about the Howa and CZ comparatively.

Well today I finally decided to try it and turned one of my standard aluminum trigger guards into a conversion model.

This is a proof of concept but so far it works really well and I'm thinking about doing a small trial run. I do like how much trimmer the CZ magazines are compared to the Howa plastic mags.

cz_mag.jpg
  • hill37
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

While your at it ,How about this for the Howa mini.http://rvbprecision.com/shooting/cz-...onversion.html

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
      Warrior
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
      While your at it ,How about this for the Howa mini.http://rvbprecision.com/shooting/cz-...onversion.html
      I've seen that before, it did cross my mind...

Comment

• hill37
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

I wonder if the 223 3shot could be made to work with the Grendel? Have you ever seen one?

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
          Warrior
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
          I wonder if the 223 3shot could be made to work with the Grendel? Have you ever seen one?
          Not in person, I often wonder why they stopped with the 223 though. I assume it could be done easily enough to the grendel -7.62x39 magazine.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by HokeyPokeyKid View Post
            I have been thinking about making a new trigger guard that would convert the Howa mini to use CZ-527 magazines, I got the motivation from A5Blaster and his comments about the Howa and CZ comparatively.

Well today I finally decided to try it and turned one of my standard aluminum trigger guards into a conversion model.

This is a proof of concept but so far it works really well and I'm thinking about doing a small trial run. I do like how much trimmer the CZ magazines are compared to the Howa plastic mags.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17477[/ATTACH]
            Now here is the kicker.

Window that mag so it can work as a 4+1 mag set up and loads as long as 2.350 coal and watch the magic happen with varget and h4895 powders.

Comment

• jbmarshtx
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
              Now here is the kicker.

Window that mag so it can work as a 4+1 mag set up and loads as long as 2.350 coal and watch the magic happen with varget and h4895 powders.
              Wrong forum I know, but do you have velocity comparisons from Varget and 4895 for the same bullet? Slower powders tend to do better with long barrels for bullets that are heavy for a caliber. Since I have both powders, single load, 26" barrel, and a bolt action, I was wondering about Varget instead of 4895 for the 130s?

Comment

• Chrt
                Unwashed
                • Mar 2021

Originally posted by HokeyPokeyKid View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17477[/ATTACH]
                That looks sweet. They are all out of stock of howa mags here in Canada and this is a nice option. Keep us posted!

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Chrt View Post
                  That looks sweet. They are all out of stock of howa mags here in Canada and this is a nice option. Keep us posted!
                  I'm almost finished with the first small batch of parts, I'll post some pictures once they're ready.

It feels like everything is out of stock right now, I'm not sure CZ magazines will be any easier to find. I bought several last year before I started this project and haven't been able to find any more.

Comment

• fn16ga
                    Unwashed
                    • Feb 2021

Would like to have one of these instead of the HFP

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by fn16ga View Post
                      Would like to have one of these instead of the HFP
                      I'm working on the first small production, I prefer the steel CZ magazine myself.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Comment

• Oso Polaris
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2019

I was unaware that CZ had discontinues the CZ 527 series rifles...I think you may be mistaken. The CZ website still shows CZ527 being produced/offered for sale in all the usual flavors. However, they are discontinuing the 550 Series, which is their Large Magnum big game rifles (African Safari).

If you are looking for CZ527 chambered in 6.5 Grendel then here are some current listings on Gunbroker.

Comment

• biodsl
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Oso Polaris View Post
                            I was unaware that CZ had discontinues the CZ 527 series rifles...I think you may be mistaken.
                            527s chambered in Grendel are no longer listed on CZ USA's website. Get them while you can.
                            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Harpoon1
                              Chieftain
                              • Dec 2017

Last edited by Harpoon1; 03-31-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X