• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TropicalVibe
    Warrior
    • Mar 2015

Howa Mini Torque PPI on B&C M40

Well, I let the recent thread about the M40 stock get the better of my wallet. I've had my 6.5G Mini for 4+ years and have been using the factory stock the entire time. So, in my quest to set up a more consistent shooter, I put a B&C on my heavy barrel blaster.

I have looked at a few sites online and a few previous threads here and the recommended torque settings range between 25-65PPI. I am using the crappy factory plastic magwell so I'm concerned that this will crack under too much torque. Does anyone have a number that they are confident in?

Regards,

TV
  • Oso Polaris
    Warrior
    • Apr 2019

I think you are fine in the 30-35lbs range. I just swapped out my trigger and when I re-installed it in the B&C stock, and I used 30lbs with a bedded action.

Comment

• TropicalVibe
      Warrior
      • Mar 2015

Thanks Oso! What trigger did you use? Did you have any trouble with it fitting in the B&C stock?

Regards

Comment

• Oso Polaris
        Warrior
        • Apr 2019

I bought the Timney Trigger that Oregunsmith is selling. The trigger is nice and no creep and worth the price. I dialed it a little below 2lbs, which is fair compromise between plinking and hunting. I had to do some minor fitting (2-3 minutes) with small needle file to give some additional forward clearance for the safety where it ran into the bridge in front of trigger recess. Nothing difficult...required zero skills to complete.

Comment

• TropicalVibe
          Warrior
          • Mar 2015

Comment

Working...
          X