• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcook10
    Bloodstained
    • May 2020

Carbon Howa Mini

Just put an order in for one of the new minis with stockys carbon stocks. Allegedly it is an 18" barrel and is pre threaded 950 out the door. Will post info and review when it arrives. For about what a person would pay for a barrel action and a bell and carlson, I am curious to see how it holds up. Will get Oregunsmithing timney and bottom metal at some point too.
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

I think people will be interested in your thoughts on it. On it's face, it seems like a good buy.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Some howa's are starting to show up that's for sure, I've seen a couple places with the 20" HB rifle back in stock.

Let me also take a minute, about those mags... I've picked up a 20" HB and shooting it (again, had one once before btw) ...
      Legacy has apparently done some work on the mag fit-up and mag release. The release is now a much shorter lever, and stiffer spring, so it's not real likely that you would drop the mag in the field. Matter of fact I have to really put some force on it sometimes with a second hand helping, to get the mag released. Actually too stiff for what I prefer but definitely an improvement on what was one of the most aggravating features in the older models.
      The one I sold recently, a 22", also had that shorter, stiffer release, and in an oem-type stock (an HTI from brownells), the mag fit up and fed much better than it did under the older model.
      So they did do some work on them, which is appreciated.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Dinny
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

Rumor has it Legacy will offer a hinged floorplate as an accessory add-on in the future. Rumor also has it that hinged floorplate will be made in the USA.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• rcook10
          Bloodstained
          • May 2020

Originally posted by Dinny View Post
          Rumor has it Legacy will offer a hinged floorplate as an accessory add-on in the future. Rumor also has it that hinged floorplate will be made in the USA.

Thanks, Dinny
          I think you ought to tell us a little more about this rumor.

Comment

• Oso Polaris
            Warrior
            • Apr 2019

Is this one of the models designed by a Forum member?

Comment

• Dinny
              Warrior
              • Jun 2016

More details in time. Let's see where the chips may fall.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

Working...
              X