X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

That burr on your ejector shouldn't be there. Send those photos to Ruger 'cause it's a QA issue. If you can, drift out the ejector retaining pin & polish the ejector face yourself. I don't have a Ruger American so I'm just guessing on its ejector installation. I've had to replace ejectors on other bolts & that's a common way they are retained. Be careful it doesn't shoot across the room after you remove the pin. Been there, done that! Now I put some masking tape across the bolt face before removing the pin.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Lemonaid
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

This vid is pretty good for bolt disassembly/re-assembly for the Ruger American. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4s6qFa2K2g

Comment

• riuma
        Warrior
        • Jun 2018

That the Ruger bolt guns can be a little rough from the factory is unquestionable. My Grendel and X39 both needed a huge amount of effort to cycle the bolt. I made up a set of stones to handle the bolt which includes one that slips down the bolt guide slot. Carefully taking out most of the tool marks will help. That said, don't do a thing until you contact Ruger. That ejector is just wrong, regardless of the burrs on the bolt.
        ~Riuma

Comment

• MaineAR
          Warrior
          • Sep 2018

Comment

• MaineAR
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

Comment

Working...
            X