Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Awrightie boyz n girlz,
      This reminded me...
      I have a B&C stock sitting on the shelf, since I put my howa into an mdt instead.
      It is the M40 style, the 1/4" foam is just a stick-on for my cheek weld -- would come off easily if you don't want it.

If someone is interested we could do a deal for it...
      howa-22-bc-1.png
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• wannabustbunnies
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2020

B&C M40 with 20" mini action and DIP bottom metal
        IMG20200326174628_resize_29.jpg

Comment

• Old Bob
          Warrior
          • Oct 2019

Originally posted by wannabustbunnies View Post
          B&C M40 with 20" mini action and DIP bottom metal
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]18389[/ATTACH]
          That's kinda the color pattern I'd want if I got that B & C M40 stock. The LOP looks real long. Maybe it's just the camera angle. What scope bases do you have on your rifle? I have a 20 degree rail with low scope rings on mine. With my fat fingers, it sure is a tight squeeze when single round loading.
          I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• wannabustbunnies
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2020

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. On that rifle the bases are Burris Xtreme Tactical 2 piece from memory. Remington 700 2 piece bases fit the Howas.
            LOP is 13.5" according to Be&C website so probably the angle. Here is a side on shot (MDT rail on it here)
            received_904486519909232_resize_92.jpg

Comment

• Old Bob
              Warrior
              • Oct 2019

Originally posted by wannabustbunnies View Post
              Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. On that rifle the bases are Burris Xtreme Tactical 2 piece from memory. Remington 700 2 piece bases fit the Howas.
              LOP is 13.5" according to Be&C website so probably the angle. Here is a side on shot (MDT rail on it here)
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]18405[/ATTACH]
              The LOP in that angle looks more like it. Found a set of Warne Rem 700 2-piece scope bases in my scope mounts bin. IIRC, I had them on my Howa 1500 .308 Win. for awhile. Swapped them out for a 20MOA rail.
              I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• northdude
                Bloodstained
                • May 2020

hope your enjoying your howa I have one in the standard stainless version. I think mines got jp bottom metal or something. My stock was pretty close on the left hand side as well. I just sanded out the barrel channel a bit. I've also filled the fore stock with epoxy resin to stiffen it up a bit. Over here we are allowed to use suppressors as well makes for a nice little rifle all set up..

Comment

• achristian8
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2014

So I got the Howa Mini action out for barrel break in at 100 yards and this thing can flat shoot. I don't know what Howa suggests for barrel break in but I broke it in the same way I've done every barrel I own. I fired 5 rounds cleaning between each round, then 5 shot groups cleaning between each group. 35 rounds fired total. Three loads were used during the break in session. The day after breaking the barrel in I took my 10 year old son deer hunting where he took his first deer at 90 yards with the Howa Mini. Super proud of him for that.

85 Gr. Sierra Var. HP/31.0 Gr. TAC/2.130" COAL (3 shot group .213")
                  85 Gr Sierra TAC 2.jpg

85 Gr. Sierra Var. HP/31.0 Gr. TAC/2.130" COAL (5 shot group .60")
                  85 GR Sierra HP TAC.jpg

123 Lapua BTHP MATCH/27.1gr. Benchmark/2.260" COAL (3 Shot Group .493")
                  123 LAPUA.jpg

123 Hornady SST/27.8 gr. TAC/2.260" COAL (3 Shot Group .387")
                  Hornady SST TAC.jpg

MOST IMPORTANT GROUP WAS MINUTE OF DEER FROM A 10 YEAR OLD
                  Wyatts first Deer .jpg
                  Adam

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

Excellent shooting!! and congrats to both of you for the successful hunt.
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X