Clear All
  • JCart
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2021

Black Creek Labs waiting for Grendel Production

https://blackcreeklabs.com/portfolio_page/bison/
    Cheers
    J
    Last edited by JCart; 04-11-2022, 03:15 PM.
  • 1Merlin
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2022

I didn't see a price anywhere...?

Comment

• JCart
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2021

@1merlin, seen them (not many) in Canada for about $1,000.00 Canadian Dollars.

Comment

• 1Merlin
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2022

Thanks JCart. How does the action compare to a Howa Mini?

Comment

• JCart
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2021

3A193A5F-0F81-471E-8A5F-2F629A83F165.jpeg3A193A5F-0F81-471E-8A5F-2F629A83F165.jpeg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by JCart; 04-11-2022, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• 1Merlin
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2022

Hmmmm. Interesting for sure.

Comment

• myrifle
              Warrior
              • Nov 2015

Ar15 mags, short barrel and 1.5 moa at best?

I think I will pass on that, hope they sale a ton but not much use for well anybody but those who need a short range high mountain/rugged territory backpack gun. For the rest of us paper punching and doing mid range hunting/varminting its perrty useless.

Comment

• JCart
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2021

Last edited by JCart; 04-13-2022, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Feral
                  Unwashed
                  • Mar 2018

Thanks for posting about BCL's future plans, JCart.
                  Hope they chamber for the 6 ARC along with the 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2017

nice find JCart, be one to follow, only concern I'm seeing is potentially very short reach to the trigger, Howa's in chassis do the same thing, didn't like that, tiny hands might be good with it, much happier with the reach from the ruger in mdt set-up, more options like this the better, swap in the ctr butt stock, looks like they could machine lots of fat out of the chassis also to get weight down...mdt learned quickly to do this as I showed them with my machinest on the first Lss we easily got 7.0 oz of their tiny chassis, now their gen 2 lss-xl weighs the same as the little gen 1 Lss did, their goal should be 6 lbs before optics imo...currently they aren't any lighter than ruger in mdt gen 2 Lss-xl, maybe they are a few oz lighter but that's about it
                    Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 04-21-2022, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• JCart
                      Bloodstained
                      • Nov 2021

Last edited by JCart; 04-22-2022, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2017

it's the distance from corner of your hand (thumb pit) to trigger that worries me most, until Howa in mdt chassis I had no idea that was a thing, for Howa in chassis only acceptable grips are the ergo rubber grips with the upturned rubber portion for your thumb pit to help get your hand back from the trigger so your trigger finger doesn't fully wrap around the trigger lol....Ruger/MDT combo is good, you can get away with regular square cut grips like the magpul moe-k grip which is what I use...but had to use the rubber ergo ones with thumb strap to try and make the Howa work....when I look at any of the new rigs now this is a gap I look for....back of grip to trigger, I had no idea how annoying it would be if this measure is too short and appears this will be too short on this new offering, lot of money to spend on building a new gun to miss a detail like this imo...sometimes you have to study images of Howa's, rugers, and the new guys to see what I mean. Having the trigger under the second knuckle joint in your finger is a no go. Would watch for this on the new cz600 trail as well, and any other would be chassis to come along trying to take advantage of AR accessories and be functional rigs etc.

and ya I had to show mdt early on where I filed down and rounded all the edges around the grip interface as well where one handed manipulation would reveal where the sharp edges were and where machining needed to step down to wards trigger opening etc., I'm a mod guy so have no problem breaking out grinders, files and drills and send it to machines and then re-cerakote when done...call all this the growing pains for chassis manufacturers trying to get in the game, MDT's are well sorted now...however the mdt on the Howa doesn't have the right gap to trigger reach...it's a Howa thing I think, but to build a new rifle set up and get this wrong is a big learning lesson, this bison looks like it needs about 1/2"-3/4" to move that grip back away from trigger imo

edit...so am I right? do you find the trigger reach better suited to very small hands? send it back and ask for the adult version?
                        Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 05-05-2022, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• JCart
                          Bloodstained
                          • Nov 2021

Last edited by JCart; 05-11-2022, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2017

thanks for confirmation JCart, trigger reach is going to be a thing in the chassis game, I do believe there are some adjustable grips available and some bulkier options that will help mitigate the munchkin reach

Comment

Working...
                            X