• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcook10
    Bloodstained
    • May 2020

Carbon stalker in the flesh.

I have now gotten a new stalker after my original post. This one came un-dinged from bad packaging and threaded as advertised. Fit and finish was very good though I did find out I have a loose piece of foam or shell that rattled in the rear of the stock from drilling the rear sling stud. At some point I might inject some foam but it is a minor issue. I ordered talley mounts and a timney trigger and bottom metal from oregunsmithing and bolted up a very svelte leupold 4x. From here I had some trouble with inletting, maching on the bottom metal and hang ups on the new trigger. To solve this problem I needed to grind a small section on the bottom metal above the trigger guard that was riding on the safety, fit the magazine box appropriately to the bottom metal so it didnt cause a high point to bow the bottom metal, and cut a few areas in the stock that were riding on the safety or trigger housing. Wayne was sadly pretty unhelpful but did say that this was a problem with the new stalkers (maybe advertise that before we blow 300$ on your product?). Everything is now in, feeding appropriately, and bedding overnight. Accuracy on the stock bottom metal and trigger was very acceptable with factory ammo and reloads I had from my last ar15; 1" with hornady black, 1.2" from 120 pro hunters over w748, 0.75" from 95gr vmaxs of w748. I think with a little development and the improved bedding and trigger we will be in the 1/2moa range. Rifle with scope, leather quick sling, and 4 rounds was 6# 1.5oz. Not too bad for a walking deer and goat gun.

IMG_1336.jpg
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Looks great and well balanced!

Comment

• CJW
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Very nice R10

Comment

• rcook10
        Bloodstained
        • May 2020

Should also mention my stock was an absurd 14oz. Granted that is no pillars or bedding.

Comment

Working...
        X