• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oso Polaris
    Warrior
    • Apr 2019

MambaMag - MDT Replacement Magazine

I had seen an announcement of MDT's new side project, MambaMags, which has created a fits into standard factory rifles providing a drop box magazine. I got excited that this might be the solution for the Howa mini. Unfortunately, it looks like it is only for the standard size Howa 1500... so close and a cool concept.

• Six5x39
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

Link no worky

Comment

• Old Bob
      Warrior
      • Oct 2019

I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• garyrapp55
        Warrior
        • Aug 2019

Copied from their site, "MambaMag for Howa Mini action coming late 2022". At $120+shipping, I'm certainly not going first, probably not at all.

Additional info. "For the Howa 1500 and Remington 700 10 round magazines, you will require a new bottom metal. MambaMag offers a replacement bottom metal that is needed to convert a factory stock to a detachable mag well to use these magazines". The Rem700, the most common/popular action for builds requires Mambamags bottom metal at $180. At that point, I'd get a BM that accepts AICS mags.
        Last edited by garyrapp55; 07-29-2022, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
          Warrior
          • Sep 2018

I think it's a good start and even though that's stupid expensive we need more aftermarket support from bigger players.

Comment

• Oso Polaris
            Warrior
            • Apr 2019

Yes, cost ($300 for mag setup) is prohibitive when considering cost of rifle. I saw the concept, but not he pricing.

Hokey - I've been away for a while. Are you still playing with a aftermarket magazine solution using the CZ 527 metal mags?

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
              Warrior
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Oso Polaris View Post
              Yes, cost ($300 for mag setup) is prohibitive when considering cost of rifle. I saw the concept, but not he pricing.

Hokey - I've been away for a while. Are you still playing with a aftermarket magazine solution using the CZ 527 metal mags?
              Yeah, it's in regular production now. The trigger guard conversion that takes the CZ 527 mags is fairly popular.

People can really appreciate how slim the metal magazines are for the capacity vs the plastic fantastic that the rifle came with.
              Last edited by HokeyPokeyKid; 07-30-2022, 03:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• rookie7
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2018

I had the DIP aluminum bottom metal and their mag release, but it was far from ideal for big game hunting. I've posted that here before, b/c with that setup I still had an accidental mag dump. Luckily, I was able to purchase one of HPK's bdl bottom metal prior to COVID changing our world for the worst. His bdl bottom metal is ideal for the rifle being used for whitetail deer in my part of the country.

Haven't been on here in awhile, and I just checked his website Jefferson Outdoors. It appears some parts are still not available for his bdl setup. Kudos to HPK for adapting and at least offering the blind mag setup. I hope sometime in the future he gets the bdl option rolling again.

If I had to use detachable mags, I'd invest in his cz conversion.

Comment

Working...
                X