• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • o3pete
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2022

Howa ORYX Single Round Loading Block

I have been using the 'Original Bob Sled' to single load rounds on various AR's, and in my Ruger American Predator and Ruger American Ranch 6.5 Grendel rifles. I bought a 6.5 Grendel Howa Oryx which uses AICS magazines... The Bob Sled I have now I use with any rifle that takes AR-style magazines, and I use it to single load 223, 6.5 Grendel, and other similar sized calibers with no issues.

Since it has worked flawlessly for years I was going to get one for my Oryx. They make an AICS model for 223 or 308. Given I have been using the AR-style block to single-feed 223 and 6.5 Grendel, I would assume that the 223 AICS model would work for 6.5 Grendel?

Before I spend $60 on a block of polymer, has anyone tried this one before? Or any recommendations on a different single-feed loading block?
  • garyrapp55
    Warrior
    • Aug 2019

o3pete
    I can't answer your question but rather have one for you. This 6.5G in Oryx chassis you have, that is in a standard short action and not the mini, correct?

Comment

• o3pete
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2022

It is a mini action.

Comment

• garyrapp55
        Warrior
        • Aug 2019

Fascinating, I was under the assumption the Oryx for mini used only factory Howa mags. I thought AICS mags only came in standard short action and long action sizes. Where did you get the mags?

Comment

• o3pete
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2022

The Oryx comes with one AICS magazine. It actually comes with the whole drop-in kit to convert a howa mini action to AICS magazines but you don't need the trigger guard/box assembly, only the magazine in the kit.

Comment

• Gringoloco
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

Comment

• garyrapp55
              Warrior
              • Aug 2019

I'd sure like to know more too. In the past the Oryx for Mini used factory mags. Their site still states, " Howa Mini and Youth use factory mags". Did this chassis with AICS mag come directly from ORYX, or a vendor?

I found this which is encouraging. https://mdttac.com/6mm-arc/
              Last edited by garyrapp55; 09-19-2022, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X