• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jmccracken
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Good luck with my ruger ranch grendel

Not new to grendel at all, but havent had one in a few years. Picked up a ruger ranch grendel 16", threw on a burris xtr3, harris bipod and a cheek riser.

I took it out today to test some groups with my dead air nomad L, ran 5 shot groups, starline brass, 123eld and 8208. Charges were 27.8, 28, 28.2, 28.4, 28.6

All of them produced half inch groups or tighter exept 28.4, it gave me some weird vertical spread... I was expecting to see the start of pressure at 28.6 but absolutely zero signs of pressure.

Im going to load up some more of 28, 28.2 and 28.6 (best group) and get my speeds with the magnetspeed v3... Hoping to have some good numbers... wondering how much hotter I can go before pressure signs.

I remember years ago, thinking the triggers in these rugers were fine.... after a few years of running tikka's... I might have to replace this ruger trigger.. just not crazy about it.
  • BlogSarge
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Pretty nice!

It seems that the Rugers shoot above their cost, despite average at best triggers and stocks. With a better trigger and your handloads that thing is going to be a shooter for sure.

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

Ruger rifle stocks for the Ranch and Predator are designed for iron sights. Too bad they don't come with any. You will have to get a cheek riser.

I thought the trigger was fine in the Ruger American Predator. Is the trigger adjustable in the Ranch model? Even the worst 3 pound trigger, isn't too bad. Especially, if you are shooting off hand.

Comment

• ported45
        Warrior
        • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
        Ruger rifle stocks for the Ranch and Predator are designed for iron sights. Too bad they don't come with any. You will have to get a cheek riser.

I thought the trigger was fine in the Ruger American Predator. Is the trigger adjustable in the Ranch model? Even the worst 3 pound trigger, isn't too bad. Especially, if you are shooting off hand.
        Weaver medium Grand Slam steel rings are a perfect cheek weld without a riser for me. Keeps the scope nice and low.
        Last edited by ported45; 09-30-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X