X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meta_gabbro
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2022

Interesting, I wonder what changes they've made. My Timney fits fine in the stock plastic trigger guard as well as the Oregunsmithing bottom metal, and the safety clears the factory stock and is usable in all 3 positions, though I had the issues with a Stocky's stock listed in the first post, and I'm not willing to attribute that problem to the Timney just yet.

Comment

• meta_gabbro
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2022

An update for folks:

Stockys was fairly prompt about sending me a replacement stock, ~1 month during the holidays. The replacement stock has the proper barrel channel, barreled action fit fine, though the trigger issue persisted. I filed down the taper on the inlet wall just behind the slot for the bolt handle that I originally guessed was the culprit, but clearing that did not fix the issue. I took some red nail polish to the safety blade and put action back in the stock and worked the safety a few times, and noticed contact on the bottom shelf between the trigger inlet and the magazine well. The factory stock has a slant cut in this area to allow for clearance of the safety blade, while the Stocky's does not. A couple strokes with a triangle file and my safety has enough clearance to function perfectly. The images in this album show the relief cut on the factory OD Green polymer stock, and the hack job I did to my Stocky's.

Why on earth they chose to change that is a baffling mystery to me, since it seems to cause issues with the factory trigger too. The stock is otherwise well-finished, it's missing a lot of the blemishes that the first unit they sent me had, it feels good in the hand, and it seems like a stable and stiff stock. All in all this has been a somewhat frustrating experience, from getting the wrong stock entirely at first, receiving a blemished unit when I'd paid full price, and dealing with odd design choices that necessitate immediate modification. If it were a $250 Boyd's or Magpul or something I'd be more understanding of things like this, but this is a $550 stock and I expected better.

Comment

• garyrapp55
        Warrior
        • Aug 2019

I'm glad you got it worked out. For $550, it should have been right the first time and not need you to make clearance.

Comment

• rcook10
          Bloodstained
          • May 2020

Comment

• meta_gabbro
            Unwashed
            • Jul 2022

I've still got a little work to do first (swapping optics and rings, waiting on a Rearden muzzle device) but once it's done I'll be sure to post it.

Comment

• rcook10
              Bloodstained
              • May 2020

Originally posted by meta_gabbro View Post
              I've still got a little work to do first (swapping optics and rings, waiting on a Rearden muzzle device) but once it's done I'll be sure to post it.
              waiting in vain...

Comment

Working...
              X