• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redleg11B
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2023

Bottom hinged plate

Is Wayne York the only one making a hinged plate bottom metal for the Howa Minis? I'd prefer to give Hokey the business but really like the hinged plate.

Anybody used both? Don't really need the extra round capacity for hunting, but I like not having to cycle the action to unload. Still undecided, can be talked either way. The nice thing about the Howa is the 3 position safety to get around the "live" action while unloading.
  • HokeyPokeyKid
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

I'm working on releasing the second generation of my hinged floorplate bottom metal, after certain material shortages I redesigned it to use components that are available for now.

I expect the first batch to be in house next week. As a possible bonus the redesigned prototype I have holds 5 rounds this time but I may lower the capacity back to 4 to preserve feeding reliability and ease of loading.

Comment

• Redleg11B
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2023

Put me on the list then. Looking at your site I only saw the blind mag and the CZ conversion.

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
        Warrior
        • Sep 2018

I am waiting for the finished parts to come back from anodizing so I can add pictures. I only have enough parts to build 10 right now, I am waiting on other material to arrive to finish up the batch.

I will notify you once they are ready to go.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
          Warrior
          • Dec 2017

I see the blind bottom out of stock Hokey, is that one coming back shortly as well?

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
            I see the blind bottom out of stock Hokey, is that one coming back shortly as well?
            Yes, it's coming as soon as I can get to them.

Making parts is actually a side job, I still work full time and after work I make my parts if time allows.

Comment

• VAN77
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
              I bought his blind bottom metal for my mini action and it is top notch. The fit and finish is superb and a great improvement over the craptastic plastic.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
                Warrior
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by VAN77 View Post
                I bought his blind bottom metal for my mini action and it is top notch. The fit and finish is superb and a great improvement over the craptastic plastic.
                I sure like the cz kit also. Good to know, appears I'm going to be a collector of Hokey's bottom kits lol, be like what color underwear to wear today sort of thing with this rifle.

Comment

• Redleg11B
                  Unwashed
                  • Jan 2023

Originally posted by HokeyPokeyKid View Post

I will notify you once they are ready to go.
                  Much appreciated.

Comment

• tdbru
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2019

I was lucky enough to get the first production run of Oberndorf style hinged bottom metal for both minis I have (7.62x39 and 6.5 Grendel) and I have been pleased with their fit, function, and appearance since installation. HokeyPokeyKid does first class work. I'd highly recommend those bottom metals. I suspect HPK is as frustrated as we are at the material shortages that limit the amount and frequency of parts he can offer/sell.
                    -tdbru

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by tdbru View Post
                      I was lucky enough to get the first production run of Oberndorf style hinged bottom metal for both minis I have (7.62x39 and 6.5 Grendel) and I have been pleased with their fit, function, and appearance since installation. HokeyPokeyKid does first class work. I'd highly recommend those bottom metals. I suspect HPK is as frustrated as we are at the material shortages that limit the amount and frequency of parts he can offer/sell.
                      -tdbru
                      The frustration is real. It's crazy to think how the supply of certain components dried up and 2 years later they are just trickling back in.

Comment

• Clays390
                        Unwashed
                        • Nov 2022

New member here, about halfway through my 6.5 lightweight build. Just dropped he barreled action into a Stockys carbonfiber blem. HPK, put me down for one of the hinged floor plate models when available.

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2018

I'm going to put a couple in my online store later today, I only have enough components to build 10 right now.

The design was changed to make use of available components and to make manufacturing easier.

I have a shipment of springs and pins on the way that I'm waiting for so I can get more up ASAP.

tg.jpg

Comment

• UsAndThm
                            Unwashed
                            • Jan 2023

What is the difference between in the 6.5 vs 223? I have both calibers. Can one floorplate be used with both calibers?
                            Thanks

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2018

The internal magazine and follower are different between the two, so you need one for each caliber or you would need at minimum 2 extra parts to swap the hardware between them.

Comment

Working...
                              X