65 Grendel bolt gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 Grendel bolt gun

Looking for a bolt gun chambered in 6.5 Grendel any body know we're I might be able to get one or who makes them if any. I've seen rebarreled cz's in the past. Thanks for the help. It would be a hunter light weight style is what I'm looking for not tactical.
  • MrDraco
    Warrior
    • Jul 2011

I've been looking as well and have yet to see any company sell a bolt action Grendel. All the one's I've seen are rebarreled CZ's or Remington's that someone has done themselves or had a gunsmith do for them. It would be nice if AA would make some. Maybe Bill will comment on if that's a possibility?

I've heard a couple rumors saying that Savage and Remington are going to start producing one in a year or two now that it's SAAMI.

Comment

A Savage in 7.62x39 can be easily re-barrelled in the Grendel.

Same for any Savage in other calibers, especially in .308 or .223 length actions, but more parts are needed.

Comment

I have know idea if this would be possible, and it would probably be really expensive. But you could possible get somebody like Surgeon Actions to make you one.

Comment

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
          A Savage in 7.62x39 can be easily re-barrelled in the Grendel.

Same for any Savage in other calibers, especially in .308 or .223 length actions, but more parts are needed.
          A Savage in 223 needs only the bolthead opened up and a grendel barrel put on. Once you have the parts in your hand it takes about 15-20 minutes to change everything out you just need a barrel nut wrench and a good hammer. Brass or deadblow is prefered but i use a claw hammer. You might need a 15 inch cressent and a glove to hold the action if you don't have an action wrench to get the original barrel off but just the nut wrench to put the new barrel on. That and an allen wrench to pull the bolt apart. Headspace it and your off to the races. Savage uses the 223 magazine for the 7.62x39.

Comment

Mine is an awesome shooter

It is a Weatherby Vanguard .223 action, Bell & Carlson Stock, CDI Bottom Metal and AICS mag.

Comment

Now that's not a good thing. Don't have my ar Grendel upper and you have to post those pics. I'll be broke forever. I think I may have to find one of those also.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ken226 View Post
                It is a Weatherby Vanguard .223 action, Bell & Carlson Stock, CDI Bottom Metal and AICS mag.

You keep posting those pictures, and you're going to have to start offering rifles!

I'm in line!!

Comment

I'm pretty stoked, i shot a group 2 days ago on paper at 810 yards just over 5 inches.

Discounting one flyer that went just as a gust of wind started.

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ken226 View Post
                    I'm pretty stoked, i shot a group 2 days ago on paper at 810 yards just over 5 inches.

Discounting one flyer that went just as a gust of wind started.
                    Prices? Come on!! LOL!!

Comment

Here are some great threads with several other Grendel bolt guns:

Where can I find more info on doing this? Where can I get a good barrel for the 799 in 6.5 and also does anyone have any feed back for me on doing this like how well theirs shoots or if there is any feeding reliability ect? Thanks.

Any body ever mess with the 527, they chamber it for 7.62x39, so I was thinking about rebarreling one for 6.5 Grendel.

Read through both of those threads. There are a lot of great insights and a lot of pics of Grendel bolt guns.

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                        Prices? Come on!! LOL!!
                        I've got about 1300.00 into it not counting the base, rings, scope or bipod.

Given the amount of work involved, if i built one to sell I would want 1600.00. The 300.00 profit would make up for 1 1/2 days of work and the cost of the reamer
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

ken226, I want one too! Im serious!!
                          Make me one!

Comment

ken226,

Is that a 5rd group in your pics? Very nice work indeed. What type of lathe do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                              ken226,

Is that a 5rd group in your pics? Very nice work indeed. What type of lathe do you have?
                              Yea, thats 5 123 grain Amax's loaded over 30 grains of AA2520 in fireformed Federal 7.62x39 brass with Federal large primers. My lathe is an old mid 80s Smithy AT300.

Comment

Working...
                              X