• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MOW
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2023

Show me your Howa Mini in a B&C stock

Show me your Howa Mini in a B&C stock and details about it.
  • MonkTX
    Unwashed
    • May 2020

Here's mine, 6.5G heavy barrel, Jefferson CZ 527 DBM conversion and an Arken SH4 scope:
    howa mini.jpg

I hate to say it but it's my favorite rifle right now, even knocked my Bighorn TL3 down to a close 2nd place.
    Last edited by MonkTX; 07-29-2023, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• MOW
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2023

Originally posted by MonkTX View Post
      Here's mine:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]19867[/ATTACH]
      Very nice, thank you for sharing. How did the action fit in the stock? Do you like the CZ mag/bottom metal over the factory?

Comment

• MonkTX
        Unwashed
        • May 2020

The stock fit is near perfect as far as I could tell, I paid attention to the action as I tightened the screws and it settled evenly no binding that I could detect.

The CZ dbm conversion is great. It looks so much better, you know it's not going to break if you overtighten the action screws, ammo feeds smoothly from the metal mags and they accommodate a longer C.O.L as well.

CZ would have a home run with these if they just offered a better stock and metal bottom metal. They're such nice rifles but they're like a Cadillac with an aftermarket bolt on spoiler on the trunk and the cheapest tires you can get from Discount Tire.

I also bought a 3d printed single shot SLED for a CZ 527 on ebay. I screwed and epoxied a hunk of aluminum bar stock on it to make it extend down a bit from the mag well and then filed it to match the mag profile. I use it for all of my bench shooting and it works well.

IMG_20230728_221401145.jpg

IMG_20230728_221447771.jpg
        Last edited by MonkTX; 07-29-2023, 03:25 AM.

Comment

• MOW
          Bloodstained
          • Jul 2023

Nice setup, I'm going to live with the factory walnut stock for this hunting season and see how I like it. I'm still undecided on the bottom metal. I want to go metal, but I don't want the extended mag. I'm going cut down one of the factory mags and see how I like it before I decide what I want to do.
          Last edited by MOW; 07-29-2023, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• MonkTX
            Unwashed
            • May 2020

I really want one with a walnut stock.

Comment

• Fodderwing
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2022

I have a setup similar to Monk's. The barrel w/action is currently at the 'smith to be cut and rethreaded at 16.5 inches.

It took a bit of Dremel work, but the bottom metal works great. A couple hundredths off in a couple of spots.

Comment

• MOW
                Bloodstained
                • Jul 2023

Originally posted by MonkTX View Post
                Here's mine, 6.5G heavy barrel, Jefferson CZ 527 DBM conversion and an Arken SH4 scope:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]19867[/ATTACH]

I hate to say it but it's my favorite rifle right now, even knocked my Bighorn TL3 down to a close 2nd place.
                Did you have to open up the barrel channel for the heavy barrel?

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2018

I have both the M40 and the Sporter stock and neither of them required being opened up for my heavy barrel Howa mini's.

The M40 had more clearance than the Sporter but both were completely free floating.

Comment

• MOW
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2023

Originally posted by HokeyPokeyKid View Post
                    I have both the M40 and the Sporter stock and neither of them required being opened up for my heavy barrel Howa mini's.

The M40 had more clearance than the Sporter but both were completely free floating.
                    So that means that my Sporter profile barrel will have wide gaps in the barrel channel on the sides?
                    Last edited by MOW; 08-03-2023, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by MOW View Post
                      So that mean that my Sporter profile will have wide gaps in barrel channel on the sides?
                      Wide gap is pretty subjective, my M40 stock has about 2mm (.078) of clearance around the barrel and my Sporter stock has about 1mm (.039) of clearance.

Neither stock touches the barrel anywhere along the length of the stock.

Comment

• stonehog
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2021

IMG_4529.png
                        IMG_4530.png
                        Hey - I have this config - 22" sporter and B&C M40. Here are some photos - one shows the gaps.

Comment

• stonehog
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2021

BTW - love this gun but haven't shot much and initial accuracy was on-par or slightly less than my ARs. More work needed to test. The fit with this was perfecto - no need to file/fill stock. I have the hinged bottom metal from Jefferson. Also a perfect fit and makes for a very nice rifle!

Comment

• MOW
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jul 2023

Originally posted by stonehog View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]19885[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]19886[/ATTACH]
                            Hey - I have this config - 22" sporter and B&C M40. Here are some photos - one shows the gaps.
                            Nice looking rig, thank you.

Comment

• DJudge
                              Bloodstained
                              • Feb 2017

Is this the B&C M40?

Comment

Working...
                              X