• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zeneffect
    Chieftain
    • May 2020

AR15 dedicated bolt gun

It exists only because it can. Had parts from various things and slapped it together as an experiment to see how it would look.

What do you guys think?

Stock is a rival arms st3x. Won't accept a buffer or spring, thus dedicated bolt action. Uintah upper
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

I have the uintah in a 6Arc. Love it.
    Easy shooting, accurate.
    Yours has a couple more gizmo's on it but I don't think you'll go wrong with it.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Zeneffect
      Chieftain
      • May 2020

I didn't even put the send it on this one lol.

Yea lots of knobs going on, they have purpose though

Comment

• shooter545
        Warrior
        • Aug 2012

Nice rifle! UP is good to go, between a buddy of mine and myself we have four of them. Love them! Messing around with the idea of one for a large frame but work travel has me covered up until Thanksgiving.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Looks sick man.

That should be fun to shoot at LR, with no real recoil.

Is it relatively light?

Did you have to order the Fortmeir bipod from overseas or is there a US source?
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Zeneffect
            Chieftain
            • May 2020

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            Looks sick man.

That should be fun to shoot at LR, with no real recoil.

Is it relatively light?

Did you have to order the Fortmeir bipod from overseas or is there a US source?
            I bought the fortmeier from solidsolutiondesigns.com They are based out of the Netherlands if I recall correctly. Shipped to USA, no issues. The shop owner gave me a call when it arrived and asked if I shot long range and I had a pretty nice conversation with him.

Here is what I can say about this specific bi-pod.
            Its pretty cool but it needs to be able to adjust its cant tension without using a tool.
            folding the feet to the rear with a large scope can be tricky.
            the spigot quick release could be way way better
            spigot sold separately, BUT its compatibile with versapod spigot so you can get upgrade state side

If I compare the fortmeier, the UTG overbore, and an Accu-Tac WB-5 (I have all 3) the Accu-Tac wins hands down. It has similar characteristics of an over-bore where the point of the legs would intersect over the bore, way better locking cant control, and better legs + locking positions. 2nd place would be the UTG actually. The spigot mount is stupid as hell, but if you can get beyond that.... the cant lockup is just barely enough to be useful, it has panning that the fortmeier doesnt, and the range of leg adjustment isnt limited to just notches. build quality was not bad at all... just the stupid spigot mount is taller.

If you have the $$$ look into the GRS bipod as they fix most all of the deficiencies of the Fortmeier

Weight? It is the exact opposite of light right now, but I can remove almost 6lbs just by taking off the weights. Another 1lb if i take off the adjustable bag rider. After that, I think with optic it should be right in that 8-9lb range. Not into those Norlin year boat anchors if im in the field but if its just target work, ill get as heavy as the rules allow.
            Last edited by Zeneffect; 09-01-2023, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X