• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MOW
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2023

Howa mini/B&C stock/Jefferson Outdoor bottom metal

I put B&C sporter stock on my Howi mini in 6.5 Grendel. The factory walnut stock barrel channel was off and bottom action screws holes were off. The B&C stock fit perfect, barrel clearance was even on both sides. I finished it off with Jefferson outdoors CZ 527 bottom metal, the fit was also perfect. I ran 20 rounds through it and it feed flawlessly. With the aluminum block in the stock and the bottom metal (real metal now, not plastic), when the action screws stop turning, that's it, they are tight, no more 1/4 or 1/2 turn more. The Howa fit and finish is now what it should have been from the factory. With 3X9X40 Leupold VX2 scope, the weight comes in at 7lbs 2oz.
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

My mini's action didn't line up in its stock either. When the action screws were tightened down, the barrel was touching the left side of the barrel channel. It came with the polymer stock. I replaced the stock with the one from Oregunsmithing. I replaced the bottom metal with Jefferson Outdoor's hinged floorplate version.

JeffersonBottomMetal1.JPG JeffersonBottomMetal2.JPG
    Last edited by Old Bob; 10-24-2023, 02:10 AM.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
      Warrior
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by MOW View Post
      I put B&C sporter stock on my Howi mini in 6.5 Grendel. The factory walnut stock barrel channel was off and bottom action screws holes were off. The B&C stock fit perfect, barrel clearance was even on both sides. I finished it off with Jefferson outdoors CZ 527 bottom metal, the fit was also perfect. I ran 20 rounds through it and it feed flawlessly. With the aluminum block in the stock and the bottom metal (real metal now, not plastic), when the action screws stop turning, that's it, they are tight, no more 1/4 or 1/2 turn more. The Howa fit and finish is now what it should have been from the factory. With 3X9X40 Leupold VX2 scope, the weight comes in at 7lbs 2oz.
      you know what they say, pics or it didn't happen....

Comment

• MOW
        Bloodstained
        • Jul 2023

Originally posted by HokeyPokeyKid View Post
        you know what they say, pics or it didn't happen....
        It says my pictures are too large and I don't know how to resize them.

Comment

• MOW
          Bloodstained
          • Jul 2023

Originally posted by Old Bob View Post
          My mini's action didn't line up in its stock either. When the action screws were tightened down, the barrel was touching the left side of the barrel channel. It came with the polymer stock. I replaced the stock with the one from Oregunsmithing. I replaced the bottom metal with Jefferson Outdoor's hinged floorplate version.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19999[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]20000[/ATTACH]
          Mine too, but it was a walnut stock, and when I tightened down the action screws it deformed the mag well enough that the mags wouldn't slide in right.

Comment

• EastTNHunter
            Warrior
            • Jul 2021

Comment

• MOW
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2023

Send him an email and he will put you on a notify list when they come back in stock. I did that with the CZ 527 bottom metal, I received the email, and promptly went to the website and ordered it.

Comment

• EastTNHunter
                Warrior
                • Jul 2021

Originally posted by MOW View Post
                Send him an email and he will put you on a notify list when they come back in stock. I did that with the CZ 527 bottom metal, I received the email, and promptly went to the website and ordered it.
                Will do. Thank you

Comment

• VAN77
                  Unwashed
                  • Nov 2022

Originally posted by EastTNHunter View Post
                  Will do. Thank you
                  You won't regret getting the Jefferson hinged bottom metal. Replacing the plastic bottom metal on mine made a good rifle a great rifle. Fit and finish is superb too. I couldn't be more happy with mine and I bet you will be too.

Comment

• ramslamer
                    Unwashed
                    • May 2020

Originally posted by VAN77 View Post
                    You won't regret getting the Jefferson hinged bottom metal. Replacing the plastic bottom metal on mine made a good rifle a great rifle. Fit and finish is superb too. I couldn't be more happy with mine and I bet you will be too.
                    I picked up a Jefferson hinged bottom metal a couple years ago. It is a Top Notch product ! You will be Very Pleased

Comment

• EastTNHunter
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2021

Comment

• EastTNHunter
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2021

Talk about quick! HPK reached out to me and let me know that he had bottom metal available on a limited run. I paid for it and it came super quick. I installed it this afternoon while watching college football. Functions great

Comment

• 6.5RugerAmericanRanch
                          Unwashed
                          • Nov 2022

That's a nice build. Does the Walnut Hunter come with a heavy barrel or Sporter barrel?

Comment

• MOW
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jul 2023

Originally posted by 6.5RugerAmericanRanch View Post
                            That's a nice build. Does the Walnut Hunter come with a heavy barrel or Sporter barrel?
                            Mine came with a sporter barrel, but I think you get either barrel depending on the year.

Comment

Working...
                            X