• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pavementends
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2017

moved from build thread rebarrel ruger american

Not sure whether to put this here or in the Bolt action area. Has any one re-barreled a Ruger American 7.62x39 to 6.5 Grendel? This is the one that uses the Mini 30 magazines.
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by pavementends View Post
    Not sure whether to put this here or in the Bolt action area. Has any one re-barreled a Ruger American 7.62x39 to 6.5 Grendel? This is the one that uses the Mini 30 magazines.
    I have not. What is it you're hoping to achieve? Rebarrel with a high end barrel?

If you're just wanting a Ruger American in Grendel, it would be a lot simpler to purchase one. My search of Gunbroker shows 142 for sale, so they're available.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• pavementends
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2017

Thanks for the answers, pre-fit barrels are available and I have the needed tools. I really enjoy my American. I tried feeding 6mm ARC and they seem to feed as well as the 7.62x39, largest mag I have is a 10 rd. Now to decide between 6.5 Grendel and another 6MM ARC. First world problems!

Comment

• banjosam911
        Unwashed
        • Aug 2023

I have a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Grendel and love it. Most accurate rifle I've ever had = I'm 80 and have been shooting and reloading since I was 12

Comment

• cwlongshot
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by banjosam911 View Post
          I have a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Grendel and love it. Most accurate rifle I've ever had = I'm 80 and have been shooting and reloading since I was 12
          Love my Ruger Americans! Excited for the GEN 2 that was just announced!!

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by cwlongshot View Post
            Love my Ruger Americans! Excited for the GEN 2 that was just announced!!
            https://www.ruger.com/products/ameri.../overview.html The wife will have one of these, need the LOP adjustment for her.

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

I do not know of any that have rebarreled the Ruger American to 6.5 Grendel but know several that have to 300 HAM'R. They said it was not bad at all to do.

Comment

• grendelnubi
                Warrior
                • Apr 2017

Wow, awesome upgrades for the Gen 2. Wonder what the cost difference will be like vs Gen 1.

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

The standard 20 inch barreled version is also to be released next year in 6.5 Grendel and 6mmARC as well

Comment

• Timitus
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2022

Looks like some nice improvements for us bolt action guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X