• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JLDavid
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2024

Howa mini tenon dimensions

Getting parts gathered up for my Howa mini build. I can't find the dimensions for a Howa 1500 mini tenon anywhere. Looking for help on barrel tenon dimensions that work well for you guys. Any information is appreciated.

David
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

If you are talking about the thread dimensions for the barrel, it is metric, M22x1. I don't know the length of the threading however.
    I got one spun up for me from preferred barrels and installed it perfectly. They have a "howage" barrel nut that matches the pitch and makes the install one that a regular guy can do.

I'd recommend them for any other questions you might have, they are a bit slow to answer emails but were very helpful in my re-barrel process.

And it shoots great.

Howa Mini - Variable Shoulder - Prefit Barrels - M22x1 - Preferred Barrel Blanks
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• JLDavid
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2024

Thanks for the info grayfox. I will look into them. I do my own lathe work so maybe they have some dimensions on their site.

Comment

• JLDavid
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2024

Found a drawing.
        Attached Files

Comment

• flatland1
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2018

When I re-barreled the 1st Howa Mini that I'd worked on, I used the pulled factory bbl as a rough standard, and measured to the boltface with a depth mic to see what sort of clearance the factory uses. I had two lathes, and kept the JET set up to cut Imperial threads, and a Precision Matthews with gears for metric threading. However, the 1mm thread for Mini actions requires yet another gear change from the more commonly used 1.5mm threads used on full-size metric actions.

Comment

• JLDavid
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2024

Thanks flatland1. It is snowing this weekend so I plan on working on this action instead of working outside.

Comment

Working...
            X