• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RocknRod
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2016

MDT LSS Chasis

Has anyone used an LSS or LSS-XL chassis with the Howa Mini action rifle. That is the route I am considering going.
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Yes, the LSS, now the gen 2 I think.
    Highly recommend it.
    I still have it on my howa, using the carbine interface and a Luth-AR mba as the buttstock.
    I've cycled thru a boyds pro varmint, a B&C, and now settled on the mdt's.
    I also prefer the K2+ hand grip, it's a little more vertical than the regular magpuls.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• jasper2408
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

I have a couple of the LSS XL Gen 2 chassis on my Howa Mini barreled actions.
      They are a great chassis. Both of mine have the carbine interface. I wanted the longer forend.

I use:
      LuthAR MBA3 buttstock
      LuthAR mil-spec buffer tube and castle nut
      ERGO TDX-0 90 degree Grip

The magazine release is now at the front of where the magazine is inserted hidden up in the frame. You can't accidently hit the mag release and release the mag. I also us a single-shot sled most of the time but the factory mags feed great too, so far.

Comment

• RocknRod
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2016

I'm leaning towards the LSS-XL also. I like the looks of the Luth AR buttstocks. Is there an advantage to the Carbine style buttstock.

Comment

• jasper2408
          Warrior
          • Jan 2019

Is there an advantage to the Carbine style buttstock.
          It allows you to use any mil-spec carbine buttstock that will fit any mil-spec carbine AR buffer tube.

Gives you a lot of buttstock options.

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

+1 what he said. There's also a couple of "rifle-looking" options with that carbine interface... like the the prs-lite... it's the most flexible setup IMO.
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
              Warrior
              • Dec 2017

yes, I found the trigger reach very short, finger wraps around, my grip solution was ergo slim grip to help push hand back but I love the basic magpul moe-k grip on my ruger American ranch grendel with the moe-k grip....hope you have small hands, that's my biggest complaint outside of my disdain for howa magazines so I prefer howa's in a different stock where you can change to hokey's bottom hinged or cz kits

now you know all you need to know about the mdt...they make great gear

Comment

Working...
              X