combo gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combo gun

I was just wondering if anyone had looked into a re-barrel or re-boring a combo gun ie baikal/spartan 12ga/.223 to a 12ga/6.5 Grendel? Any thoughts feasability?

Re-boring or re-barreling would be pricey and not a lot of shops doing that kind of custom work. Maybe one of the Horde members knows of someone that would be interested.

Did a quick search and found this link. They list a combo gun with a 12g/6.5x55. That would fill the bill.

Comment

That is the combo gun I own in 12/.223 great for predator calling here in the desert. EAA no longer imports the 12ga/6.5x55. There is a guy in Prescott that rebores barrels I will send him an e-mail and see if he would/could bore and rechamber the .223 barrel on mine I think the 6.5 grendel would be great in the combo for a boat/truck gun.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken the 223 chamber is too long. I had a 22 Hornet H&R barrel rebored to 6.5G by Wayne York from Oregunsmithing for $300.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

Still no reply from the guy in Prescott but a look at the OregunsmithingLLC web site shows that they wont rebore Doubles so that might put an end to this project before it even starts. Thanks for the info Dinny

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
            Chieftain
            • May 2012

There are companies that do reboring on doubles but the price is quite a bit more than the regular reboring fee which is very expensive http://www.deltagunshop.com/clearwat...re_prices.html $750 for a combo gun or drilling a cheaper option would be to sleeve the top barrel of a o/u shotgun personally I would just buy a 6.5x55 combo gun as it is readily available more powerful and can be loaded light if recoil is a concern, I see little purpose in putting the Grendel in platforms other than the ar while neat when your not restricted by an action size or strength other the the perfectly legitimate reasons of because I want to or because I can
            Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
              Chieftain
              • May 2012

And actually you could probably put an adapter in the chamber of a 6.5x55 to fire Grendel similar to 7.62x39 adapters for 308 thou a racy wouldn't be there
              Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• traybill1
                Unwashed
                • Feb 2018

So after nine years this thought has reared it's ugly head again. I have acquired a shotgun barrel and a 6.5 barrel. The next step is to build a monoblock that fits my baikal receiver. This is a more ambitious project than an AR build but I have a machinist friend willing to help with machining and threading. hoping to get it done this summer. any thoughts?

Comment

• 65Carcano
                  Bloodstained
                  • Apr 2022

This is an interesting endeavor, I've always wanted a combo gun myself. Keep us posted.
                  My grandpa's WWII Bomber Pilot memoir:
                  https://www.hellgatepress.com/produc...lter-richards/
                  https://www.amazon.com/Victory-World...dp/195416369X/ or
                  Ebook: https://www.amazon.com/Victory-World...dp/B0C7RXCRYG/

Comment

• biodsl
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2011

Best to you in this endeavor. didn't baikal build some 7.62x39 over 12 gauge?
                    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• traybill1
                      Unwashed
                      • Feb 2018

yes they did with the ban on Russian imports you would have to find one already in country the one I have is 12 over 223 they could be had in a variety of rifle calibers up to 30-06 here in the states and others in Europe both rimmed and rimless uses a simple extractor for rimless cases it has a small spring loaded tab in the extractor that catches the extractor groove in the case.

Comment

• DiamondD
                        Unwashed
                        • Jul 2019

Originally posted by traybill1 View Post
                        So after nine years this thought has reared it's ugly head again. I have acquired a shotgun barrel and a 6.5 barrel. The next step is to build a monoblock that fits my baikal receiver. This is a more ambitious project than an AR build but I have a machinist friend willing to help with machining and threading. hoping to get it done this summer. any thoughts?
                        I realize this post was from back in May, just wondering if you ever got it done. I think that would be a great combo gun. I would like to run into a 12/6.5x55.

Comment

Working...
                        X