• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrDraco
    Warrior
    • Jul 2011

Howa models question

Finally going to break down and order a Howa rifle but I can't really find any details on these two Howa model numbers. One is model 70622+ and the other is model 60602+

Here are the two rifles I'm looking at. https://palmettostatearmory.com/howa...-hma70622.html and https://palmettostatearmory.com/howa...-hma60602.html

Other than the barrel length, does anyone know if there are any differences between these two models? I'm wanting a heavy barrel and when I Google the model numbers, I get conflicting information. I find a couple sites saying they are both threaded heavy contour barrels and a couple saying they are standard contour.
  • cwlongshot
    Warrior
    • Mar 2018

I dont know why there is so much inconsistency with these rifles!!!

Take my 6arc. Almost everywhere tells it is 1:8. Yes repeated reports from owners it is in fact 1:7.5. Now granted its a shit and a fart differrence.. its still in accurate!! It IS IN FACT 1:7.5".

Now I see stainless offered a d pics I saw showed both threaded. But pics can be posted wrong.

It WAS, the 22" was slender and lighter and NOT THREAD.
    The 20" was heavier contour and WAS THREADED.

My 22" is NOT THREADED & my 20" IS THREADED.

sorry for confusions it is frustrating. I even spoke with Brownels direct and they gave wrong information.

CW

Comment

• VAN77
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2022

Both state that they are threaded and are 5/8X24, so both would be the same barrel profile. Usually the numbers indicate different barrel profile and/or stock color when it is used in terms of the same rifle model and caliber. Not sure on this one other than barrel length. My grendel mini action is a 20" heavy barrel and is threaded 5/8X24 while my short action .308 is 22" and is threaded 1/2X28 and is a "sporter" profile. Being the same thread, according to those model numbers, both should be heavy barrels with different lengths.

Comment

Working...
      X