AICS mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AICS mag

Any one adapted an AICS 308 or 223 mag to Grendel?
    Looks like I can use a COAL over 2.5".

Originally posted by ibgp3 View Post
    Any one adapted an AICS 308 or 223 mag to Grendel?
    Looks like I can use a COAL over 2.5".
    It would be relatively easy to convert the plastic 223 magazine to feed Grendel cases.

Pretty much the same way you convert them to feed BR cases, but thinner.

Comment

did it on a 223 ai mag with a dremel, and feeds great

Comment

• LimaFoxtrot

No need to adapt. The .308 magazine works as is. I've built a few 700 Grendel bolt rifles using the AICS magazine and they work perfect.
        -Len

Comment

• XcountryRider

Can you guys explain what and why you're doing it a bit more with pics maybe?

Comment

• Drifter
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post
            Can you guys explain what and why you're doing it a bit more with pics maybe?
            You may already know this, but they're talking bolt-action rifles, and the use of AICS mags when a Grendel is built on a short-action rifle. A conventional short-action is rather lengthy for the Grendel cartridge, so bullets can be seated out for longer COL if desired.

In general, converting bolt rifles to use AICS mags is quite common, but probably less so for the Grendel. Smaller pint-sized "micro" actions seem more popular for Grendel conversions (such as the CZ-527), as some might argue that a short-action rifle might as well be chambered for 260 Rem, 6.5 Creedmoor, etc. But that's up to each individual to decide...
            Drifter

Comment

Working...
            X