Contemplating a new Grendel bolt action project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contemplating a new Grendel bolt action project

I've been eyeing the Mossberg MVP as a potential micro action bolt gun project. Specifically, I've been thinking that the AR mag compatibility and Savage-esque barrel nut configuration would make for a perfect 300 BLK or 6.5 Grendel bolt gun.

I mean... I dig my (3) CZ 527s, but they have their issues.

There are aftermarket triggers (Jard), nice scope rails (EGW) and some other accessories out there for the MVP, but the lack of a really nice stock and the .223 bolt face (I really want to build one in a Grendel) have been holding me back.

Recently there have been a few guys working on opening up the bolt face, so that's one thing off my list. Yesterday the proverbial straw broke the camel's back.

MDT posted on their Facebook page that their LSS chassis system would be available for the MVP in late February, at a price of ~$399. Instead of using AICS mags like their other LSS chassis, the MVP version will retain AR magazine functionality.

So I am ordering an MVP today, and I'll be calling Satern to see about getting a barrel blank.
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Have you ever put your hands on an MVP? Worked the action? Experienced the bolt play? Seen firsthand the hinged bolt face?

They work, but they don't exactly scream quality in any stretch of the imagination.

You'll also be restricted to AR mag length unless you single-feed.
    Drifter

Comment

I agree about the quality, they are not quite the standard you are used to with the modern cz's.....try wartime cz.

Comment

Working...
      X