Grendel Bolt Action Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fanofflyn View Post
    The set trigger in the 527 may seem attractive too, but you can't "unset" it without either shooting or unloading and dry firing,

--fanofflyn
    Just raise the bolt and touch the trigger and the trigger unsets itself. Lower the bolt back down and you are good to go. No need to unload just unlock.

Comment

Anybody have a lightweight bolt action Grendel they want to sell?

Comment

Thanks I didn't know that. I would still be worried about it with my CZ 500 Jeffery. I'm not sure why that gun has a set trigger, other than they all do.

--fanofflyn

Comment

I've had a Grendel made up for me from a cz 527 (only complaint is that the safty is backward) ; a grendel also made up on a Mini mauser acton. (only complaint is the stock and action seem "chunky" ; and a grendel that started life as a .223 remington 700. The best of the lot. done up by Wyats custon and PT&.G. With a 700 as a starter action, you can get a huge number of stock, bolt, trigger and safty changes over time. Flute the barrel flute the bolt put a set trigger on it along with a winchester saftey and a sako extractor put the whole thing in a kevlar stock and take it to hunting camp. let your friends try and figgure out what your hunting with.

Comment

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
            With a 700 as a starter action, you can get a huge number of stock, bolt, trigger and safty changes over time. Flute the barrel flute the bolt put a set trigger on it along with a winchester saftey and a sako extractor put the whole thing in a kevlar stock and take it to hunting camp. let your friends try and figgure out what your hunting with.
            And how much would one of those beauties run?

Comment

I no longer hav the exact figures on the cost of the Grendel 700 remington. But it started life as a .223 from wallyworld and just sat in the safe for the longest time; surplus to needs. then one day stockys had a sale of kevlar stocks so I bought one. I already had a spare timney trigger and a bigger barrel band laying around. AT that point I think I spent 6-7 hundred dollars on a barrel bolt and assembly gun coating bedding ect . As memory serves it only took about 6 weeks to build.

Comment

I found a Ruger 77 Mk II action chambered for the 7.62x39, replaced the barrel with a 6.5 Grendel from Pac-Nor, added a rifleBasix trigger and a Hogue overmolded stock.
                Bedded and pillared, this rifle shoots and handles very well.

Comment

Working...
                X