• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Build Question.

Folks,

I have a build coming up that will consist of a 20" BHW in .264LBC. Gas system is rifle length, built on an M4E1 Aero Precision upper. My question is the lower that it is going on will be equipped with Carbine stock, and a Spikes T2 buffer and Spring. Will this be adequate?The gas black will be an adjustable Seekens micro gas block. A2
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I put an adjustable gas block on my 20" Shilen barrel with a PSA six position collapsable stock and use a carbine buffer and the supplied spring. I had to back my GB adjustment screw pretty far out for the rifle to lock on an empty mag. I had a T-2 and an H-2 buffer but didn't need them. From everything I read most 20" barrels are rarely over gassed but I put a JP adjustable gas block on my rifle just to be on the safe side.

Fortunately my upper reciever was square and I had a good fit between my barrel and upper reciever. I put blue Loctite on the barrel extension and gas block. When I zeroed my Vortex scope I needed very little windage adjustment when sighting in my rifle. You might consider a 20 MOA scope mount if you intend on shooting long range. With my 20 MOA mount I have enough adjustment to go past 1000 yards. My 16" 6.5 Grendel has enough elevation adjustment to make 700-800 yards depending on my load using a RRA one piece cantilever mount with no cant.

Comment

• wfa17332
      Bloodstained
      • May 2015

Your build is very similar to mine. I ran both a "standard M4" and another lower configured as an A2 for a long time with no problem except I didn't like where the brass was being tossed (3 o'clock). An adjustable gas block allowed me to adjust my ejection to where I wanted it.

Comment

Working...
      X