• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ah1whiskey
    Warrior
    • Sep 2015

just test fired my latest 6.5

just put a few rounds through my latest 6.5 build today.

so far so good-- it is a 20" rifle length gas with rifle stock and buffer.

fired about 90 rounds through ASC 29 round 7.62x39 mags today.

since the cows were downrange in my long range testing area i could only shoot the 50m targets with the back stop.

accuracy even with the steel wolf wpa was excellent. some of the WPA rounds going in the same hole @ 50m , no fliers to speak of.

very soft recoil and light report from the 20" barrel. i may get addicted to shooting this one!! more fun to shoot than the 5.56!!

this is about my "go to AR" when i looking to shoot with a scope.

absolutely no hiccups with this build at all. very smooth function.
  • Jackem
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2014

Congrats! Build hiccups suck and it's encouraging to hear avoiding them is possible...))

Comment

• ah1whiskey
      Warrior
      • Sep 2015

i have built up a lot of the ar clan in recent years.

i haven't had much trouble with the AR system overall , and i have built a bunch of um.

the most challenging i did was a wilson barreled 7.62x39 with a tight match chamber. that took some doing to get it to run properly.

this grendel set up was straight forward and as easy as any 5.56 build.

only catch is the mags , the 7.62x39 ASCs seem promising , even though they look like they shouldn't work. i have run about 100 rounds through um and so far they have been 100% functional.

i think i may strip the 7.62x39 rounds out of um and load um up with 29 rounds of 6.5!! LOL--

Comment

Working...
      X