• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karmasoft
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2016

Barrel nut for bull barrel

Hi. I purchased a 20" stainless bull barrel from J&T. Was just beginning to work on the upper when I discovered that the barrel nut included with my handguard wouldn't slide over the barrel: the barrel is too wide. The rail is a 15" Seekins m-lok type.

Then tried a Troy standard barrel nut I had as spare, also would not fit. I measured the OD of the barrel and ID of the barrel nuts, pictures below.

A brief google search indicates I'm not the first to run into this. However I can't seem to locate a standard source of, "barrel nuts for bull barrels." It seems the nut can be milled down, which I'll do if necessary. I've reached out to J&T for advise, but wanted to ask in this forum if anyone else has encountered and resolved a similar issue?

• 762n40
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2015

I,m thinking the barrel is somewhat bigger in diameter the what is disireable. I measured a Keieger bull barrel and measured 1.002 for o.d.

For reference, a RRA freefloat forearm nut measured 1.058 I.D.
    A larue rail barrel nut measured 1.028 I.D.
    A Daniel defense barrel nut measures 1.021 I.D

J&t barrel likely works with there forearms, so you have to buy there part to make it work.

I stay away from companys like J&T, Blackthorn, model 1 sales, ect. ,Myself and many others I know of had problems with quality of parts from these companys.

You may want to consider using a different brand of barrel, the barrel nut not fitting over the barrel may be just the start of a bad purchase experience.

Comment

• 123wsg
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2015

Bought a White oak bull bbl and the free included nut would'nt fit under Midwest industries 1 1/2 od handguard so replaced it with a low profile design (vltor ) maybe. Cant speak to quality of your barrel but google helps sometimes if the hoarde does'nt have your answer. ( bet it does though )
      Best of luck to you anyways.

Comment

Working...
      X