• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jakal
    Warrior
    • May 2014

12.5 inch Grendel Barrel Suppliers

Looking to put a 6.5 Grendel pistol upper together for Indiana deer hunting. 300 yards max or closer.

Precision Firearms offers short barrels but not sure about anyone else, got any recommendations as far as suppliers go?

What would the best gas length be for this application; pistol or carbine?

LRRPF52; weren't you working on a SBR 12.5 inch? How did that turn out?
    ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""
  • jonny rotton
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

i bought a lilja 11.5 barrel. its a real shooter. its a carbine length.

Comment

• burnsome
      Warrior
      • Jun 2011

I just put together my 2nd 12.5 inch upper. BHW this time and it shoots great. My first one was a Model 1 Sales - ok shooter but the BHW is a much better barrel. Was going to get a Lilja, but the 20% sale at BHW over the holidays got me. Love those SBR grendels

Comment

• tpk
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2014

I love my lilja 12.5 barrel with carbine length gas and an Adams Arms piston system.

Comment

• Adam Lilja
          Warrior
          • Dec 2013

We have 11.5" and 12.875" fluted and unfluted in stock fyi

Comment

• Jakal
            Warrior
            • May 2014

Hey Adam, Glad to see you on the board! My 20" AR740 profile is shooting great! Thanks for a great piece of workmanship. I will definitely keep Lilja in mind for this build.
            Last edited by Jakal; 02-23-2016, 05:08 PM.
            ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Jakal View Post
              Looking to put a 6.5 Grendel pistol upper together for Indiana deer hunting. 300 yards max or closer.

Precision Firearms offers short barrels but not sure about anyone else, got any recommendations as far as suppliers go?

What would the best gas length be for this application; pistol or carbine?

LRRPF52; weren't you working on a SBR 12.5 inch? How did that turn out?
              Still haven't gotten to it, but I've been thinking of just doing the Shockwave brace. I have a 22" Lilja I'm slowly getting together, looking at doing my own custom carbon fiber handguard with all the years of notes taken and implemented into it. I want something more slim that what is on the market, as everyone seems to make 2" tube handguards.

For the 12.5", I'm thinking something along these lines, with a different handguard and optics of course:

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X