• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

are JP enterprises bolts worth it?

they look nice and al the other JP enterprises items seem to be top notch but are they not as good, just as good, better than good or really just the best? the reason i ask is because i found the JP Enterprises Enhanced Bolt Assembly w/ Free Shipping for 89.99. so what do you think?
  • Keep The Change
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

I think those are usually well over $100 and maybe $120. I would get it at that price. But to answer your question without having any experience with them, I would say they should be better than most. I would probably lean towards Alexander and JP for my bolts. Heck the hard use bolt from Alexander is $93 on his website. I would think about that one at this price point. But either one of these, I would say you would be getting top quality.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Someone really needs to send me a JP bolt so I can look at it, then I can have an opinion on it after taking some measurements.

JP is one of the few companies though that I recommend their products, sight unseen, due to JP's reputation as not only a top notch machine shop and rifle builder, but a competitor as well who understands the end-user perspective and has never lost touch with his roots.

Everyone here with a JP barrel or rifle has reported exceptional results. My experience with JP products is that they are very well-made, well-engineered, and cater to pushing the capabilities of a system when looking at lightweight, speed, and accuracy, particularly for the 3-Gun venue.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• dammitman
        Warrior
        • Dec 2012

sounds good enough for me, i dont think this is gonna last much longer, in fact it might be a mistake on their website

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
          Chieftain
          • May 2012

the only negative thing I have ever heard about any JP product is price related, you can find some reviews of the aluminum big that complain about wear but they are aluminum so....
          Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Hoser1
            Bloodstained
            • May 2015

I will admit, the being a rookie to the AR platform, I did put my bolt to the test, on more than one occasion. Jp has nice stuff. I have a barrel and clamp on adjustable gas block. No issue's at all. I have plans to further trans form my rifle with more of their stuff.

Comment

• PredatorDown
              Warrior
              • Jun 2014

Somewhere between 2500 and 3000 rounds on my JP bolt/barrel, I broke the extractor. Sent them an email with a few pictures, and they sent a new one out to me. Bolt itself is still going strong, and now has nearly 4K rounds through it.

I've been beyond happy with all of their products that I own, including their AMCS chassis for my bolt gun. Machining looks to be top quality

Comment

• SG4247
                Warrior
                • Aug 2013

In my opinion as a mechanical engineer - in design and manufacturing for over 25 years, and a sportsman NHRA drag racer (engine and transmission builder also) over the same time period, JP AR bolts are the best in the business.

I have had them on our $.5M cylindrical grinder and various other measurement systems, and can tell you that they are excellent.

Dammit, where are you seeing that pricing? That is a great deal.
                NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• dammitman
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2012

Well, yesterday on opticsplanet they showed up in the morning at 99.99 on my cellphone and they had a 10% off deal using PADDYTEN for a code. And free shipping over 50.00. What was weird was on a desktop they were still 132.99 so i ordered and the order went thru and was shipped already. It isnt there today. Should have ordered 20

Comment

• Keep The Change
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2013

To use your username....."Dammitman, I should've bought a couple".

Comment

• am4966
                      Chieftain
                      • Jul 2014

Damn that's a sweet deal on those bolts! However they are 132.00 on the website, so moral of the story sign up for email sales from alot of places and you find deals. I have a email account just for that purpose.
                      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                      X