• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StockDog
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2014

Is this Maxim barrel made by Satern?

20" 6.5 GRENDEL MEDIUM CONTOUR DOUBLE FLUTED 5 FLUTE 1-8 .750 GAS BLOCK RIFLE GAS SYSTEM THREADED 5/8-24Medium Contour Double Fluted AR-15 Barrel is manufactured from 416R Stainless Steel and uses 5R Rifling with a 1 in 8" Twist. Additional features include a Rifle Length Gas Port, M4 Feed

A20" 1.9lb barrel looks pretty good if it shoots.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Certainly seems like the "kind" of barrel they make. One key bit of info missing: What is the chambering? If "Grendel II," then for sure it's a Satern.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• StockDog
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
      Certainly seems like the "kind" of barrel they make. One key bit of info missing: What is the chambering? If "Grendel II," then for sure it's a Satern.
      It is priced like a liberty barrel. I just looked at the Satern cut rifled barrels and the specifically say SAAMI spec chamber. $450 with bolt.
      Are these barrels known quality and performance?

Comment

• StockDog
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2014

Yep, Grendel II. I'll pass.

Comment

• JASmith
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by StockDog View Post
          Yep, Grendel II. I'll pass.
          Concur ONLY if the purchaser knows that "Grendel II" is NOT compliant with the SAAMI specification for the Grendel compound throat.

The chamber will perform very well for some, but not all bullets.

The SAAMI spec chamber, on the other hand, has repeatably demonstrated excellent performance for just about all bullets tried in it and by multiple shooters.
          shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
          -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

Working...
          X