• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sqeezeatrigger
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

Another 16" AA barrel question

New to the forum,new to Grendel,want to learn all I can as I put together my first 6.5--are the $195 stainless fluted AA barrels dimpled for a gas block? I have built a couple dedicated 22 uppers but not messed with gas blocks or tubes, so please be easy on me!! From reading this forum,you guys seem much more into sharing the knowledge than-some- other forums that are "snobs"about their gear. Thanks for any help!!
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Welcome to the forum. Unless they've started in the last year, the barrels aren't dimpled.

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

I got mine about 6 months ago. No dimples

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

Got mine back in August. Wasn't dimpled
        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

Have gotten several over the past year - none dimpled

Comment

• worthen86ford
            Warrior
            • May 2016

Got mine about 6 months ago and it was not dimpled either. Fwiw, i am using the troy extended low pro gas block under a midwest industries rail. The OD between the gas block journals is smaller, my guess is for ease of removal in case someone drags the set screw on removing a block or maybe to prevent galls. No touching so it is freefloated. Journals dont line up perfect but its better than the standard set screw style i had for the 5.56 barrel. Had bought a DD clamp on low pro block but i was afraid it was not enough clamping area since only the rear screw would be holding tight to the barrel.

I'm curious what other guys are running with this barrel and if anyone is using an adjustable block maybe even a railed one. Been thinking about trying this rifle out as supressor capable and a barrel mounted front buis is preferable to me as well.

ETA: there is another post discussing blocks for this barrel.
            Last edited by worthen86ford; 12-23-2016, 04:48 AM. Reason: More appropriate thread

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

I just use the Sadlak low profile gas block and bed it with Red Loctite, after ensuring I have my port measurements for alignment.

Works fine that way, very pleasant little barrel to shoot.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Les
                Warrior
                • Oct 2016

From my limited experience with them they are tack driving barrels, but I haven't tried 5 shot groups either. It's almost a joy to carry.
                Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

Working...
                X