• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redomen
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

AA 16" barrel

Just received my new barrel and compensator from AA for my wife's build. She was so excited and everything looked good. I thought it kind of funny that there was no plastic thread protector on the muzzle threads. Sure enough on closer inspection the threads are boogered up on the end. I gently tried threading on the compensator and sure as shit it won't even catch. I am so disappointed I could throw it in the trash. How can they not even put a cheap plastic cover on it? I don't want to ship it back and wait forever again to have it repaired and returned. Has any one else had this problem. Should I just buy a die and re-thread it myself? I have the worst luck when it comes to this type of stuff. Any advice is appreciated.
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Instead of trashing it I will buy it from you. Pm me.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Texas
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2016

Run a thread die over it or dress it with a fine thread file

Comment

• 123wsg
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2015

I can only tell you this..my first grendel was a BHW 18 inch barrel that was about twice the price of of the 16 inch AA and can't stay anywhere close to the accuracy of the AA barrel. Many places should be able to dress the threads for a small fee...keep it. And this stuff happens to all of us, Merry Christmas !

Comment

• Drillboss
          Warrior
          • Jan 2015

Why don't you call them in the morning and see what they say?

Who knows, they may have a reasonable solution for you.

Comment

• 37L1
            Warrior
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Redomen View Post
            Just received my new barrel and compensator from AA for my wife's build. She was so excited and everything looked good. I thought it kind of funny that there was no plastic thread protector on the muzzle threads. Sure enough on closer inspection the threads are boogered up on the end. I gently tried threading on the compensator and sure as shit it won't even catch. I am so disappointed I could throw it in the trash. How can they not even put a cheap plastic cover on it? I don't want to ship it back and wait forever again to have it repaired and returned. Has any one else had this problem. Should I just buy a die and re-thread it myself? I have the worst luck when it comes to this type of stuff. Any advice is appreciated.
            NM.

Comment

• Kilco
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2016

Wow, AA qc is usually top notch.. They are also usually very good about backing up their product.

I completely understand your frustration with the barrel, and I highly highly suggest contacting AA and seeing how they might correct the mistake.

You could easily take the barrel to a smith and have the threads cleaned up and trued, however, you shouldn't have to and I understand that. Keep us posted please with how everything turns out.

Comment

• diddlyv
                Warrior
                • Aug 2016

They may even send you a shipping label to return your barrel and cross ship a new barrel if they are worth a damn and care about customers. Please tell us how this gets resolve and please give them a chance to make it right.
                Queen of Battle
                Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

Working...
                X