X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irickchad
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2016

I'm in the mountain state myself, I know it's late, but I'd opt for 18" over 20" anyday for a hunting setup!

Comment

• bob4432
      Warrior
      • May 2016

Has anybody used LT263 for the gas block - it is still red, but the temp is 360F vs 450F for the LT272, but the 263 is oil tolerant. LT263 replaces LT270 & LT271 formulations, just wondering if that 90F difference would make much of a difference?

Comment

• Rickc
        Warrior
        • Aug 2016

I have used.several clamp on gas blocks. Most.recently JP adjustable. Never have i put locktite on a gas block. Never have i had a problem with one.

Only place i use locktite on an AR is on the barrel extension.

I keep an eye on my rifles and i do like to change them up on occasion. Don't want to have.to deal with locktited fasteners. I do use the.proper torques on assembly and do check that torque at regular intervals

Comment

• bob4432
          Warrior
          • May 2016

Originally posted by Rickc View Post
          I have used.several clamp on gas blocks. Most.recently JP adjustable. Never have i put locktite on a gas block. Never have i had a problem with one.

I keep an eye on my rifles and i do like to change them up on occasion. Don't want to have.to deal with locktited fasteners. I do use the.proper torques on assembly and do check that torque at regular intervals
          What is your opinion of using LT272 on the brake/fh so you don't have to apply torque or apply the least amount to time a brake to the very end of the barrel?

Comment

• Rickc
            Warrior
            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by bob4432 View Post
            What is your opinion of using LT272 on the brake/fh so you don't have to apply torque or apply the least amount to time a brake to the very end of the barrel?
            I see no reason to put a brake on a rifle with as.light a recoil as a grendel. Frankly i hate brakes. Way too noisy.

I have a removable muzzle brake but never use it. It just screws on after removing the thread protector. No torque, crush washer or torque. Works great but just too noisy.

I really don't like any muzzle device. If you want accuracy then leave that muzzle alone. Only the.rifles set up for suppressors are threaded.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Looking at fleet samples, Alexander Arms found that setting gas blocks with Red LT brought 50% of the rifles into the accuracy range of the ones that didn't need it.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• bob4432
                Warrior
                • May 2016

I see no reason to put a brake on a rifle with as.light a recoil as a grendel. Frankly i hate brakes. Way too noisy.

I have a removable muzzle brake but never use it. It just screws on after removing the thread protector. No torque, crush washer or torque. Works great but just too noisy.

I really don't like any muzzle device. If you want accuracy then leave that muzzle alone. Only the.rifles set up for suppressors are threaded.
                Severe shoulder issues - structural & neurological cause the need. Since I am now building for accuracy and not something I need to carry around the desert all day, things may change since I really will not care if a 20" brl weighs 2 1/2 #s or so.

Comment

Working...
                X