X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mongoosesnipe
    Chieftain
    • May 2012

i have the vortex strike eagle 1-6 and it is a fantastic scope only 329 and while its not as nice as some of the more expensive options i would hate to have to live on the difference as for the bdc not matching grendel yes and no while the bdc on say the vortex is set for 223 out to 600 the manual gives spec on moa drop for the aiming point and you can match it up to any known BC and velocity bullet with a balistic trajectory calculator
    for grendel 123 amax at 2500 with a 100 yard zero the firrst bdc hash would be 205 yards, second would be 305y, third would be 410y, forth would be 530y and the tip of the post would be about 985y
    so for hunting/combat purposes you could just call the lines 100y increments on the grendel out to 400 its a a little flatter than the bdc for the 500 mark with 530matching up but its pretty close to matching nicely for practical ranges given 6x of magnifiction it you want to spend the coin you can get custom reticles from several of the companies
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

Isterlok is your friend. Use what scope you're, comfortable with and you like. Bdc Reticles can be matched up to the Grendel and with practice you'll be fine. Make a little dope card just like most do and/or memorize your door.

Steiner PX4i
      Last edited by am4966; 03-08-2017, 05:00 PM. Reason: Fix pic
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• 6.5fanboy
        Unwashed
        • Feb 2017

I really appreciate you guys giving me your input. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X