• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redomen
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

AA 16" lite and WCI brake

I ordered an AA 16" lite barrel and WCI pepper pot style brake from Alexander Arms. I was wondering if I need to use a crush washer when installing the brake. They did not send a washer and this is my first build with AA parts. They sent no mounting instructions with the parts. I was wondering if anyone has some tips for installing this brake? This build will be for my wife as a hunting rifle.
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

From the pictures, it looks like the ports on that brake are in a pattern that is balanced radially. If so, I wouldn't think it needs to be timed into a certain position with a crush washer.

Comment

• Redomen
      Warrior
      • Jun 2016

Thank you Drillboss. I sent an email to AA but they don't seem to respond on any of my questions. If they do I will update for anyone else who might need the info.

Comment

• Redomen
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

Just got email from AA. No indexing needed. Just blue it and screw it

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Depending on your thread length, you might want to use a precision shim washer.

Brownell's has an excellent set for this, or you can get a precision washer that will handle the stand-off between the brake rear end and the shoulder, without bottoming-out the threads.

I have the same products, so was just trying to let you know what I found. Mine will bottom out before hitting the shoulder, so it needs a shim/washer.

I prefer precision washers since they help keep the brake bore aligned with the barrel bore.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Drillboss
            Warrior
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            Depending on your thread length, you might want to use a precision shim washer.

Brownell's has an excellent set for this, or you can get a precision washer that will handle the stand-off between the brake rear end and the shoulder, without bottoming-out the threads.

I have the same products, so was just trying to let you know what I found. Mine will bottom out before hitting the shoulder, so it needs a shim/washer.

I prefer precision washers since they help keep the brake bore aligned with the barrel bore.
            I can't find any in 9/16". Do they have those or do you use one of the other sizes?

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Drillboss View Post
              I can't find any in 9/16". Do they have those or do you use one of the other sizes?
              I just use 5/8".
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Drillboss
                Warrior
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                I just use 5/8".
                Good to know. Thanks much.

Comment

Working...
                X