• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
    Since you have time on the scope, make going to Midway's main riflescope page part of your morning web surfing routine. They can blow discontinued scopes and manufacturer overruns out the door fast, and the deals show up on the top of the page. I've picked up 3 scopes at at least 40% off that way including an ERS, XRS and Viper HS LR FFP. Just get there before the email blast goes out and it shows up on slickguns
    I've picked up a couple vortex viper 6.5-20x44 for some varmint guns doing the same thing!

Great minds think alike=)

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
      I took it out this last weekend. Dual purpose trip. I wanted to run it through a function test.... check, functioned flawlessly. Every round popped and ejected. Got it sighted in at 50, then on to 100. I was able to get it to group factory 123 gr. SSTs very well at 100.
      I also ran a ladder test and realized that I need to get a better foundation rest (mine just consisted of sand filled vinyl bags that were at the range). I was able to get a "decent" but by no means acceptable (to me) group on one of the loads in the ladder test. I got just under an inch with 123 gr. SSTs on top of 29.2 gr. of CFE223. I really want to get a more stable rest and run the same ladder test through it again. Overall, I was happy with the initial results knowing that it could be a lot better with a little work on my part.
      If you got under and inch with an unstable rest, I'd say you got a damn fine shooter!

Comment

Working...
      X