• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Les
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

With the Faxon 12" group buy

What handguard is anyone using if they intend to also install an agb and being suppressed? I'm assuming no longer than 10" Still haven't decided on which block or handguard.
    Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Just my opinion, but I'd get me a 16" or longer HG, mill a spot for GB adjustments, have it cerakoted and have most of the suppressor in the HG. That's just me tho.

Richard
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Brett A
      Bloodstained
      • May 2016

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
      Just my opinion, but I'd get me a 16" or longer HG, mill a spot for GB adjustments, have it cerakoted and have most of the suppressor in the HG. That's just me tho.

Richard
      This sounds like a good plan.

Comment

• explorecaves
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post

Richard
        Be ready to burn your hand if you do any significant volume of shooting....

Comment

• explorecaves
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

12" faxon GB build thread http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...l-build-thread

Comment

• Lastrites
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

You could likely get by with an 11" which in theory should end just as the threads on barrel begin. The idea of a can almost completely engulfed in a hand guard I would avoid.

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

My sbr is built to be lite weight so.....

Lightweight free float forends, using the M-LOK system. Forends are for AR-15 based rifles. All M-LOK forends include a M-LOK accessory rail and necessary installation hardware. We can help you customize your AR-15.

Comment

• jim_bob
                Warrior
                • Jul 2014

SLR Rifleworks for adjustable gas block and handguard would be m choice as it has been for my last 3 builds. Well except for the shorty 556 that got the 9" Geissle MK8 and an SLR gas block. So 3 out of the last 4. SLR makes really fine stuff!

Comment

• Les
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
                  Thanks for the link. I'll probably end up with a 10" handguard, suppressor is an omega with asr mount and although once installed it probably won't get moved around much I'd like to without removing the handguard. Adjusting the gas block is important too.
                  Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

Working...
                  X