• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolsofthetrade
    Warrior
    • May 2011

Left handed 6.5 Grendel?

Looking to build a left handed 6.5....what can I do for a bolt?
  • Texas Sheepdawg

Well there are left handed carriers out there. And it would seem in theory this would cause the bolt to have to rotate 180 degrees for the cam pin to engage properly. The question would be would the ejector and extractor orient properly and is the "top" of the bolt face identical to the bottom of the bolt face where the lugs engage the barrel? Is there a such thing as a left handed bolt and does the barrel breach know the difference?

Comment

• Ridgerider

You need a left handed bolt. If you use a right handed carrier with a left bolt it still ejects left so a left handed carrier with a right bolt will still eject right. I know as I build an ambidextrous AR 15 ie ejects to the left or right at the operators choosing.

Comment

• toolsofthetrade
        Warrior
        • May 2011

ok so who has or can make a LH 6.5 bolt? I can find everything else

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Could a gunsmith or machinist open up the face of a left handed .223 bolt? 7.62/6.5 extractor should work either way.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
            Could a gunsmith or machinist open up the face of a left handed .223 bolt? 7.62/6.5 extractor should work either way.
            Yes, but he would then have to harden the bolt. That's a lot of expense. There have been some left handed Grendels built, and now that it is SAAMI approved, maybe Stag Arms will take up the gauntlet and start building them!

Comment

Hey txgunner, shoot me a pm i think i might be able to shed some light on your subject, I had help building my lefty, and some issues as well.

Comment

• txgunner00
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Not looking for a leftie my self. Just participating in the discussion. Thanks anyway.
                NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

I bought my Lowers through Stag Arms. Good gear. They do have LH uppers and carriers and i think they do have bolts for the creedmoore. Might give them a call. Brownells might be a source too.

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Originally posted by muttdog View Post
                    Hey txgunner, shoot me a pm i think i might be able to shed some light on your subject, I had help building my lefty, and some issues as well.
                    I think the OP is "Toolsofthetrade" , muttdog.

Comment

I have a ambidextrious side charging upper that I got from ? I just went Blank!! It'll come to me in a minute.

Comment

Working...
                      X