Gathering parts for my 6.5 Faxon/Noveske build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Holy crap that thing is sweet!!! Serious precision build. Really looking foward to your range report!

Comment

• Arkhangel5
      Warrior
      • Apr 2016

Well OP,
      THat is a nice looking stick.

I did not know that VLTOR was used in Noveske uppers. No wonder my rifle is so tight.

The Upper/Lower integration is so close, it does not rattle.

I bought the Noveske lower at a show yrs ago, because I wanted to build my first AR. That dealer was the only one that had a lower in the whole show. So i bought it and thought I paid too much.

Every show after that, that same dealer would see me and ask about the lower. Then one day he said he should have never sold it to me. I asked why, it was just a lower(to me). Turns out it was a lower that could take the full auto sear, and as I understand most lowers, dont have that feature. I always thought that it was funny.

Anyway, for my uses, this upper/lower combo shoots lights out.

Hopefully yours does the same.

SY

Comment

• hdrolling
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2017

VLTOR doesn't make "Noveske" uppers, this just happens to be one of the VLTOR MUR's that was made to Noveske specs and has "Noveske" marked on it. It pretty much only works with Noveske hand gaurds and has the non-rotation pin hole built in to match the Noveske handguards.

The normal GEN I, II, and III Noveske uppers are not made by VLTOR.

PER VLTOR’S WEBSITE:  “PLEASE NOTE: Due to our Lifetime Warranty, we advise that you not remove or attempt to remove your shell deflector. The shell deflector is pinned in place during factory assembly. Our Lifetime Warranty covers all of our products as long as they are not modified in any…
        Last edited by hdrolling; 09-28-2017, 08:28 PM.
        Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Your build really came together pretty quick Hd, I really like the looks of your Faxon barrel and your build. I concur, can’t wait to hear how it shoots!

Comment

• hdrolling
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
            Your build really came together pretty quick Hd, I really like the looks of your Faxon barrel and your build. I concur, can’t wait to hear how it shoots!
            Thanks I'm pretty excited to go shoot, I was going to go in the morning but now that my new scope is on the way I think I'll wait. I know my viper 6.5-20 is okay but I was hoping to zero at my local 200 yd range and then head to the more expensive 600 yd range the next day.

From everything I've been reading the new Vortex Viper GEN II PST 5-25x50 EBR-2C MRAD are suppose to be much better so since it's just a few days out I'll save the ammo and wait.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

It just struck me hdrolling your build is just begging for a black Nitride Bolt Carrier with Grendel Monster Head logo to match the barrel. The logo on the carrier would fit perfectly next to your 6.5 Grendel port cover. What better advertisement for the 6.5 Grendel cartridge and forum.

Comment

• hdrolling
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                It just struck me hdrolling your build is just begging for a black Nitride Bolt Carrier with Grendel Monster Head logo to match the barrel. The logo on the carrier would fit perfectly next to your 6.5 Grendel port cover. What better advertisement for the 6.5 Grendel cartridge and forum.
                While waiting for for the barrel, I thought long and hard on which BC to use. There is a Noveske stamped black nitride BCG available on the Noveske site that I debating getting. But just due to ease of cleaning I went with the sionics NP3 coated, I might switch it out later if the color gets on my nerves. I do have a separate Black Sionics BCG on standby.

For some reason I was thinking that the monster bolt that I ordered would have the grendel picture visible with the bolt locked back, not sure what I was thinking on that one?

I love the build so far but is the cheesiest build I have done with all the extra noveske crosses everywhere.

Comment

• Lastrites
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Arkhangel5 View Post
                  Well OP,
                  THat is a nice looking stick.

Every show after that, that same dealer would see me and ask about the lower. Then one day he said he should have never sold it to me. I asked why, it was just a lower(to me). Turns out it was a lower that could take the full auto sear, and as I understand most lowers, dont have that feature. I always thought that it was funny.

SY
                  Yep I too have one of those, it's the lower shelf that would allow that feature! My Noveske lower seems to fit rather snugly on most every upper I've tried with it.

Comment

• hdrolling
                    Bloodstained
                    • Aug 2017

My new glass came in today, I'll get it mounted and be ready for the range Mon.

IMG_9012 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
                    IMG_9013 by hd_rolling, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X