X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

The fit between a Mega upper and SLR handguard is as good as it gets. I have seen more than one of these joins and they are all top shelf.

I use a GG&G riser rail (called a 'Scout Rail') to straddle the join while the handguard is being torqued to the upper. It keeps the two pieces absolutely level and joined until the handguard is firm.

Sometimes handguard manufacturers don't continue the dimensions of Pickatinny lugs and grooves seamlessly from the upper to their handguard. This can be annoying. To be fair it is not often needed but in the case of the GG&G rail straddling the two pieces it is required. Otherwise the two bolts won't drop into their respective gaps in the top rail and you have to figure out another way to join the two pieces.

The difference between the OP's upper and handguard should not affect the zeroing of a set of BUIS given the front sight will likely be adjustable. That said, I agree with everyone else...take it back. It will bug you forever otherwise. It will affect your groups, the weather, your mood, your wife's mood, your ability to sleep, etc etc.

52', Just noticed the plaque dedicated to 'the White Death' on your wall - Nice!
    Is that one of his 7.62*54R cases?
    Last edited by Klem; 09-27-2017, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

Maybe I am just lucky but the rails on my UTG Pro and Matrix handguards both line up perfectly with their respective Anderson uppers...

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
        Warrior
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        I have yet to find a handguard upper rail that matches an upper receiver when the 2 are made by different companies.
        The five Aero builds I have (DPMS High) are great fits with the SLR rails.

Comment

Working...
        X