• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltConvert
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2017

Longer butt stock on a budget?

My recently finished first AR /First Grendel build is running well and shooting better at every range session. The A-2 stock feels uncomfortably short. My scope is in a forward canted AR specific one piece mount / rings, on the last forward slot in the receiver, scope is maxed out forward. When I naturally shoulder the rifle and look through the scope, it is always too close. The scope is not an issue, a Leupold 6-18, they all seem to have a generous range of eye relief. I have orangutan-like arms, and almost always find that my body fits my typical bolt gun much better with an inch or two added to length of pull.
    Somewhat of a big coconut also -hat size is 7 3/4.
    There are quite a few adjustable LOP stocks on the market, does any body market a unit that is priced for basic needs?
    I am not taking my rifle on an extended combat deployment, and do not need any tacticool features or gadgets. Just need a larger cockpit area to relax and shoot from!
    I see Magpul and a few others that might work, but most start in the $150 -$200 price range, and higher. Yes, I am pinching pennies, that is a necessity for me to feed this hobby.
  • Randy99CL
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

I would find a way to add a pad to your stock. Wouldn't be hard to get a 1" (or thicker) pad and make it fit. Cheap.

Yeah, I like the Magpul UBR, but on sale it's $170! I'm only paying about $230 for the whole lower.
    "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Lastrites
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

Magpuls ubr is a bit longer than 15" their ACS-L is 14.9" and is about $70. For me it's nice stock that locks up tight with a good cheek weld, the regular ACS is just as nice with a bit more cheek weld.

Comment

• easterneag
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2014

DPMS makes a 1" extension spacer for about $30

Comment

Working...
        X