• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Howling Coyote
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2014

Faxon muzzle thread?

I'm looking at purchasing a Faxon 16" Gunner Grendel barrel. Brownell has a pretty good deal right now on them. I'm concerned that the specs for this barrel are incorrect but I could be wrong and wanted to get some advise from you guys.
    I did call Faxon but no answer so I sent them a email explaining the situation. That was 3 days ago and no response.
    This has to do about muzzle thread pitch.
    Brownell specs. 1/2-28 tpi
    Faxon specs. 5/8-24 tpi

Do Brownell barrels come from Faxon with a 1/2-28 muzzle thread pitch or does Brownell's web site have it listed incorrect?
    Thanks Guys
  • mongoosesnipe
    Chieftain
    • May 2012

my group buy faxxons were 5/8-24

additionally i have a brownells stainless 18 inch that has 5/8-24 threads that said they could have spec for a differnt thread on a new order but i would call to inquire
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

I'm betting Brownells is simply a typo. Faxon uses 5/8 for 65G.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Howling Coyote
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2014

I just emailed Brownells about this so I'll post back to this site their answer.

Comment

• CastleBravo
          Unwashed
          • Oct 2017

I should be getting mine from Brownells next week. I suspect it will be 5/8x24.

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Howling Coyote View Post
            I'm looking at purchasing a Faxon 16" Gunner Grendel barrel. Brownell has a pretty good deal right now on them. I'm concerned that the specs for this barrel are incorrect but I could be wrong and wanted to get some advise from you guys.
            I did call Faxon but no answer so I sent them a email explaining the situation. That was 3 days ago and no response.
            This has to do about muzzle thread pitch.
            Brownell specs. 1/2-28 tpi
            Faxon specs. 5/8-24 tpi

Do Brownell barrels come from Faxon with a 1/2-28 muzzle thread pitch or does Brownell's web site have it listed incorrect?
            Thanks Guys
            I looked there myself, thinking maybe by chance you mistook a 223 barrel for the 6.5... well Brownell's says in 2 places that their grendels are 1/2-28!!
            Gotta be a typo but best to, as you're doing, definitely verify what's what before plunking down the coin.

Maybe you could call the Big B or go to online chat with them...

1/2x28 is common for the 223 barrels...
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Howling Coyote
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2014

The main reason for the question is that the basic A2 flash hider that I'm wanting to use has a 5/8-24 thread pitch due to it being the 30 cal one. From what I understand the 30 cal one must be used, is that correct? The 30 cal A2 that Brownell's list is 5/8-24 tpi but the barrel states 1/2-28 tpi.
              Thanks

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

From Faxon website lists 5/8-24 tpi for Match Series.
                The barrel photo on the Brownells site shows Match Series so they must be the same barrel.
                Crafted from 416R stainless steel, this 16 inch 6.5 Grendel barrel is the pinnacle of value. All of our barrels are manufactured in-house in Cincinnati, Ohio.

The proportions of the muzzle photo on Brownells indicate the barrel is 5/8".
                Last edited by bj139; 11-04-2017, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• smf
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2017

I bought this barrel a few weeks ago from Brownell's when they came in stock. It is definitely 5/8-24.
                  Last edited by smf; 11-05-2017, 12:45 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                  X