• ty_hooper12
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Comment

• Effenpig
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
      A receiver can still be in spec and require heating. BCM states that their receivers are simply on the tight side of spec (again, I've never used one). JP "thermofits" their barrels into the receiver and I've read professional reviews that say having JP fully assemble a rifle for you is like having pixie dust sprinkled on it. Proof Research also told me that they have found there is a measurable (albeit small) difference in accuracy if their barrels require a heated press fit. Note that their 6.5 CM barrel slid into my Aero M5E1 upper like it was a $5 whore and required gasket shellac bedding. It still shoots well above my pay grade, so we are talking minor.

It would be cool to see Aero come out with an enhanced receiver that was spec'd like the BCM
      and gave it some sort of catchy name like "elite". I'm sure it would do very well.
      I personally don't think it matters that much but if you want a tight fit with the aero enhanced upper get it in FDE. The FDE coating is thicker and they are very tight IME
      Last edited by Effenpig; 12-24-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• cb4017
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

I think Aero's enhanced upper/hand-guards are brilliant and have been using them exclusively for a while now in small and large frame.

The Aero setup is rock solid. No issues trying to get one of those stupid clamp-on style hand-guards aligned and secure. The hand-guards are hand filling and most any low profile gas block will fit. No worries about indexing a barrel nut for the gas tube. Just torque to 55 or 65 foot pounds and go. If I think barrel fit is a little loose I use Permatex blue gel thread locker on the barrel extension.

$150 is a great price. I would get that just to put in the safe for a future build.
        Cliff
        USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

Originally posted by Effenpig View Post
          I personally for think it matters but if ya want a right fit with the aero enhanced upper get it in FDE. The FDE coating is thicker and they are very tight IME
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Effenpig
            Unwashed
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
            My M5E1 is a cerakoted monthly builders set but that didn’t seem to help.

I have a BCM upper receiver on the way for my 26” 6mm Grrr barrel upper. Plan on mating it with an ALG handguard, so I guess I’ll see.

I'm only familiar with the M4 sized receivers. Never used their .308 stuff

Comment

Working...
            X