• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tracker12
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Muzzle Brake recommendations

Looking for a muzzle brake for the Faxon 18" group buy. Gun will be a dedicate hunting gun.
    AR's make shooting fun again!
  • 65Whelen
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Just happen to have.
    It sells on Midway for $80 yours $45 shipped. I'd use it if it didn't have the 6.8 on it. SS, 5/8-24 thread. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2367154130/pri-muzzle-brake-quiet-control-5-8-24-thread-ar-15-68mm-remington-spc

Happy Holidays to you and your.

Comment

• tracker12
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Thanks for the offer but after some research decided to go with a Precision Armament M4 72.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

That's a really good MB at reducing recoil, I shot one for a few rounds.
        But be prepared for significant backwash into your face from the gill-like side fins. It's not harsh but seemed like a lot of volume to me.
        It proved to be too much for me. They actually were great about it and took it back full refund.
        If you think of using another from PA, you might look at the M11 as your alternate choice.
        That's what they recommended to me.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• 65Whelen
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by tracker12 View Post
          Thanks for the offer but after some research decided to go with a Precision Armament M4 72.
          Ya, I looked at that one too, suppose to be one of the best ones out there. A bit pricey but if does the job for you go for it. If you do get it let us know your thoughts.
          Last edited by 65Whelen; 12-25-2017, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• tracker12
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

Grayfox
            Thanks for the heads up. I might give PA a call this week and see what they have to say. The other comp that seems to be a good choice is the SJC Titan. Not sure you can have it both ways with good recoil reduction and not a lot of back noise.

Comment

• Slappy
              Warrior
              • Feb 2014

I would just go with the new ones Odin came out with this year for the Grendel (muzzle device). No tuning involved and you can tweak them yourself. Have two, one on a 20 inch and one on the 16 and both work great.They are not as loud as a full on brake that is for sure. BANG BANG!!
              Last edited by Slappy; 12-25-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

Why do you need a muzzle brake for such a light recoiling cartridge like the Grendel?
                So far I have avoided all muzzle brakes.

Here is an interesting post about how only a few shots can really damage your hearing.
                I believe Klem mentioned this in a past post somewhere.
                Last edited by bj139; 12-25-2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• grayfox
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by tracker12 View Post
                  Grayfox
                  Thanks for the heads up. I might give PA a call this week and see what they have to say. The other comp that seems to be a good choice is the SJC Titan. Not sure you can have it both ways with good recoil reduction and not a lot of back noise.
                  If you want to go the $$, look at the APA Lil Ba*rd, I've got that on one of my Creeds -- sweet.
                  Whichever way you go, test them out before you loktite 'em down.
                  I'm sure there are other good ones as well, as some have written.

Comment

• vmassarano
                    Unwashed
                    • Dec 2016

Can anyone recommend a good tanker muzzle brake in stainless?

Comment

• Torquaholic
                      Bloodstained
                      • Nov 2017

These guys have the VG6 line on sale again. Best price I could find.

Comment

• grayfox
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by vmassarano View Post
                        Can anyone recommend a good tanker muzzle brake in stainless?
                        VM, I'm a bit confused by your term "tanker"... what are we talking - M1 Abrams? Sherman? Panzer? ...
                        If you're looking for a tanker-look-alike, there's the JP Enterprises Recoil Eliminator.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                          Chieftain
                          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Torquaholic View Post
                          These guys have the VG6 line on sale again. Best price I could find.

http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/catalo...ategory=111741
                          That's a great price. I've never been in the market for a VG6, but my BCM needs something besides the A2, and from the performance of the brake on the Grendels, I'm suddenly interested. Thanks for sharing.
                          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Torquaholic
                            Bloodstained
                            • Nov 2017

My pleasure. I love their Epsilon on my my 5.56. I hope the gamma 65 doesn't disappoint.

Comment

Working...
                            X