• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tcrocker
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2018

Moriarti Armament?

Wanting to start a build for range work I have a 16" for hunting so next I was thinking about a 18 or 20 inch upper. Seen Moriarti Armament has a 20" stainless competition upper for 399. Would this be a good deal or do I need to look some place else?
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I’ve never heard anything about Moriati Armament but have seen them mentioned on AR-15.com. The heart and most critical component to an AR-15 is the barrel. They don’t mention on their web site the source of their barrels. Do they machine and chamber their own blanks, do they use Odin, BCA or other manufacturer for the barrel? Without knowing the source of the barrel hard to gauge the price.

If I looked at the correct upper the barrel was a fluted 20” heavy barrel. DS Arms sell Odin uppers and Odin makes very good barrels. I just like to know what I’m buying.

The Moriati Arm. upper does not include a BCG and charging handle. To add those your at $520.00

Just as an example the DS Arms advertises they use Odin barrel, complete upper $599.00.

Are you getting a $125 barrel with Moriati Arms or a more expensive barrel?

DS Arms is a quality firearms manufacturer specializing in the FAL Rifle, AR15 Rifle and RPD Rifle and latest parts & accessories
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 01-25-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Tcrocker
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2018

Barrel is very important. The best shooting rifle I have had so far was a AR15 with a FN barrel on it shot 3/8 inch groups shot so good like a dummy I sold it because it was boring to shoot.

Comment

• rmiller107
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2018

Does anyone have any experience with the DS Arms uppers? I've been looking at uppers in that price range.

Comment

• mdram
          Warrior
          • Sep 2016

tons of uppers in that range
          dsarms, hardenarms are ones that come to mind
          just some targets for printing
          https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rmiller107 View Post
            Does anyone have any experience with the DS Arms uppers? I've been looking at uppers in that price range.

There have been a couple of forum members who have bought Oden barreled uppers from DS Arms. You can use the google custom search feature to track down post about DS Arms. Joeboboutfitters and Primary Arms run sales on package barrel deals from Odin Works. The package includes Barrel Gas block and BCG for pretty good prices.

Comment

• Lastrites
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by rmiller107 View Post
              I have a DSarms built Odin 16" upper and it runs well, friend of mine has the their 18" and really seems to like. For what it is it isn't priced bad in my opinion.

I sprayed it fde and black on the stainless barrel.

Comment

Working...
              X