Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texasgrunt

Magpul ACS suitability for a precision build

I am lucky enough to get to build another precision grendel for a friend. I used a PRS for my build, but I am trying to save a little cost where appropriate and am considering utilizing the ACS stock instead for this build. I like the looks, but have never physically held one. Can someone with ACS experience let me know if they consider this stock system to be stable enough for a precision/bench rest rifle? Thanks!

Grunt

i have one and its great. If you can get the right rear bag set-up its outstanding. The cheek weld is my favorite part,ergonomically built and lets you aim through your scope with no strain at all. Its light though so if you have a top heavy upper it might not mix so well. I have a 20" barrel, templar FAST quad-rail, bipod and its balances well although the stock could be a bit better heavier. Half the time i shoot im out walking around my buddies land plinking,hunting,training and the stock is PERFECT for this.For the price its an awesome value but if your friend is going to be riding the bench i would go with the PRS.

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as the user is comfortable with it. I started with a PRS but didn't care for it because of weight and bulky feel. I now have a CTR and I am very happy with it. Light weight for the field but still works well for the bench.
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• texasgrunt

I have a CTR on my 556 carbine and I really like it. It is pretty darn tight when locked down. Does anyone know if the ACS "clamps down" as rigidly the CTR?

Grunt

Comment

• pinzgauer
          Warrior
          • Mar 2011

Another happy CTR user. (On a GI contract buffer tube)

Comment

Working...
          X