• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronmat
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

Whats my build worth completed?

Ok, Dez match ss 18 inch twisted fluted Nitro Carburized barrel with 5/8 24 muzzel thrds. Alexander Arms bolt assy.
    Aero precision rec. with Velosity 3lb curved trigger
    Daniel Defence furniture
    Clamore muzzel brake
    15 inch Key Mod fore arm
    Just curious what i could get for it?
    Thanks
    ron
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Hi Ron,

Are we talking just the upper or the complete rifle?
    How many rounds through it?
    What generation is the DD rail?

If you haven't fired a single rd through it then you could add up all the receipts and take 10-20% off it and there's your price on the open market. When you buy a new car off the showroom as soon a you hit the road the price drops by 20% so that would be your starting price. If you have used it then there's never any way to know the condition of the barrel without borescoping it (sellers tend to play down the use and abuse for obvious reasons). Private sales are probably not covered by statutory warranty so buyers are more concerned about risk. Price offsets risk.

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

Bout three fitty
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• 1Shot
        Warrior
        • Feb 2018

When I hear someone ask what something they have is worth it reminds me of an old gun trader I once knew. He always would say "something is only worth what someone is willing to pay you for it." That has been my experience in gun trading also.

Comment

• BCHunter
          Warrior
          • Jan 2018

You beat me too it 1 shot. And klem is correct about 10-20% depreciation. You played retail price, so why would someone else pay the same price to you when they could buy it for themselves at the same price and get the warranties? Unless you find someone who absolutely loves what you built.

I use to help with fundraising banquets we could buy guns at 3% over cost from the LGS. Guys would be confused when they would win 500.0 retail gun and only get 230.00 on trade in for a new in box never fired firearm.

Comment

• Sticks
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2016

Franken guns take a little more hit than factory/retail completes. You just don't now how well the assembler did.

I've only bought one franken gun, and that was because 1, I could check every thing out to make sure it was good to go. 2, I could part it out for more than I bought it for complete.
            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

What are you asking? “How easy will I be able to sell this?” “Anyone here interested in buying my Grendel build?” “ How would you suggest I sell this setup, assembled, or as parts?”

These threads come down to one thing. What is your ultimate goal? Personally, I’ve had better luck selling parts over selling completed pieces. I think this is borne out by prices on assemblies vs parts folks can use to complete their own project. My two cents.

The exception is the expensive parts. The names. Noveske, BCM, LWRC, Knights, Etc...
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

Take it to a local gun show with a for-sale flag $$xyz , and even go up to a couple dealers... ask them if they'll buy it, that would give you a lower-bound "wholesale" figure to start with.
                Hey somebody might just give you what you're asking as you walk the aisles... happened to me!
                Good luck.
                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Mopardoctor
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2015

My local GS will not take BYU frankenguns in on trade or consignment. Factory built only.

Comment

• aephilli822
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jun 2016

Cars, boats, motorcycles, airplanes, guns = 1/2 to 2/3 of the price you paid for all the parts, your labor you did for free.
                    (that's what i been told, anyway)

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2017

If you part it out, I might be interested in the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X