• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AustinTom
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

My Target Grendel

Built for a local gas gun PRS style match. Latest iteration: giesselle SD-e trigger, Proof Research barrel from midway, ALG handguard, Odin upper and bolt, JEC customs brake, and Leupold scope and mount.

IMG_0840.jpg
    Last edited by AustinTom; 03-22-2018, 03:20 AM.
  • Sandstorm
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2016

I have to get a Proff Research barrel for one of my builds going forward. I do like my X-Caliber 20 inch,
    however Proof is in a class all its own. Good lookin build.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Let us know how your Proof Research 6.5 Grendel shoots AustinTom. I’d be interested in hearing your impressions of 6.5 Grendel in PRS matches or any match reports using your 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• AustinTom
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2018

I'm pretty excited about getting to the range this weekend. I just got the barrel in the gun yesterday evening. It replaced a 20" FAxon. As for the matches, they're slot of fun. Just local matches, I'm not at the level of doing the big true PRS matches.

Comment

• longbow62
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2018

I almost pulled the trigger on one of those Midway Proof SS barrels. Please post a report on the range trip!

Comment

• Bobke
            Warrior
            • Dec 2015

What local PRS matches are you shooting in the Austin area. Am in Hill Country looking for same.

Comment

• AustinTom
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2018

Nothing in the austin area. Navasota. Look up txprc on Facebook. They have a monthly match and a gas gun squad in that.

Comment

• rovpilot337
                Unwashed
                • Jan 2018

AustinTom, is the gas block diameter .750? I am probably going to order one of those Proofs from Midway as well. I know that Midway says it is .750 but I just want to make sure.

Comment

• AustinTom
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2018

Yes it's .750

Comment

• Kilco
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2016

How do you like the VX3i LRP?? I've been eyeing the 4.5-14x50 with the impact 32 reticle.

Comment

• AustinTom
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2018

I really like it. It's the FFP model with the tmr reticle. If I had to do it over again I'd probably get the cch reticle. The tracking is good and it's super clear compared to the other scopes in it's price range available at cabelas to look through.

Comment

Working...
                      X