• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StraitShot
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2018

JP Enterprises - Silent Capture Spring

Doing my first Grendel build.... using a 20" barrel and looking at JP Enterprises - Silent Capture Spring H2. I will be reloading 123gr bullets and will likely end up in the middle to upper end of the powder charge (that's been my experience with other calibers). Wondering if anyone is running a JP Ent. SCS H2 setup and your thoughts. Any issues ? What would you use instead ?
  • Texkitch
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2017

I switched to the JP SCS H2 after reading about several on here using them. Really like it. Feels much smoother and takes away the spring noise. I’m using 16” AA with standard gas block and I shoot all hand loads 100-129 gn.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
      Warrior
      • Nov 2017

I have one Grendel with it and have had a couple of others without it. While it's not needed, it is really nice. Much smoother and quieter. It's also nice that you can "tune" your rifle by swapping out the included springs. I've never had the need for an adjustable gas block, but I don't run a suppressor either.
      Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

I run an SCS H2 set up with a JP LMOS carrier. Can't beat it for smoothness and maintaining site picture. But I actually just got a box of goodies today which includes a steel weight to replace the tungsten which makes it an H2 and the alt spring pack. To be honest, I would start out with the standard weight SCS and do the spring pack instead. If your using an AGB, your just going to end up giving it more gas to push an H2. I have a FMOS carrier in my 6.5 CM with a standard weight large frame SCS and I'm actually running the light spring in the pack. I have a feeling that I'm going to end up with a light spring in my Grendel after I swap the weight out. Although my Grendel is currently running great, my CM is really dialed in, which makes me feel I can get the grendel going even smoother.
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• v1911
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2018

I run one in all my rifles. My latest Grendel build uses a standard SCS paired with a JP LMOS and SLR adjustable gb. Smooth as silk.

Comment

• StraitShot
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2018

Thanks for the replies on this... I was really on the fence with regard to the SCS but now I think I will get the SCS H2. It is more expensive than what I was anticipating but sounds like the results in operation are worth it.... Curious about the stocks you all are using as well.... I have a 20" barrel and am looking for accuracy and mobility... (I know 20" barrel and mobility don't necessarily go in the same sentence)

Comment

• Greyling
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2018

I'm tempted to get one, but because of price I've been looking harder at the armaspec stealth recoil spring. Half the price, actually looks to be a better design.

Comment

• BCHunter
                Warrior
                • Jan 2018

It is always hard to drop that kind of money on something based on reviews. But you don't see many negative comments on it, so I have the standard weight one coming with the spring pack for my 12.7" group buy build. So I drank the koolaid hopefully it tastes good.

Comment

• Crusty
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2017

I'm completely happy with both of my Armaspec SCSs and I especially liked the reduced cost. I don't even notice any recoil, there's zero noise from the back end and my muzzle stays near the target for a quick follow up shot. It also keeps the carrier from tilting and I see little wear on the sliding rails.

My gas ports are restricted to Alexander's spec .077" in my 18" mid gas barrels and the H2 SCS cycles my action without fail.
                  I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• dammitman
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2012

I am interested in the armaspec unit. I seem to have foregotten what I need to use for a rifle length fixed stock. I have a magpul MOE stock on a 20 inch rifle length gas system. can you advise please? thanks!

Comment

• grayfox
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2017

If the armaspec is a carbine-length spring set then best way to use it in a rifle stock is to get a rifle/carbine spacer, insert into the tube first then do the Armaspec.
                      IDK if armaspec makes a rifle length or not... If I do one of these it may go into a magpul like yours would, and that's what I'd do. Right now I have a carbine length JP centerless in there with the spacer, with a Spikes T2, my 18" runs very well with this. Armaspec may make it better, however. I'm still thinking.
                      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X